5miles

Discussion in 'Tone Zone' started by Jay Bones, Apr 14, 2018.

1. Jay Bones

Jay Bones Active Member

[RANT]So I downloaded that app a couple months ago. Always need another sale site to find something I didn't know I needed.

Found a pedal that I was interested in (MXR Doubleshot for $50), described as a 2 channel OD/fuzz pedal, and thought it would give me some more tonal options with my Bugera V5 Infinium.

Sent an email inquiring about it, didn't hear anything back. Few days later sent another inquiry, again no response. Sent a third message asking if he'd ship it to me for $55. Looked at his other items (about a dozen), and all but 3 were guitar related- the rest kid's toys and baby clothes. All listed about 2 months prior and all within a 2 day period.

Didn't hear anything for a week, then sent him a message saying he should respond and say its no longer available and take down the listing so people don't waste their time.

Another week or more later I get a message saying he forgot he had that app, and yes he'd ship it to me.

We message back and forth a few times, usually in the middle of the night (zero dark thirty- so he must wake up really early).

I say great, will you take PayPal? He says he won't, has had problems with PP and wants to only accept 5miles wallet. I check it out, and seems to be the same as PP- you upload card or bank info (which the seller never sees), satisfaction guarantee.

Read the FAQ on how to guy. Says there's a button on the message page to BUY. Message page only has a button for RATE.

I chat with the helpdesk, and they look as the listing and say he has it set for cash only.

I message him what I've learned asking him to edit his payments. Nothing. Couple days later I message him again, still nothing.

I even try and get his mailing address through whitepages.com but don't have premium.

So I contact the helpdesk again asking if they can email this guy and let him know he's about to lose a sale. They tell me they're not allowed to contact member directly, and suggest looking for a similar item on the app.

Yeah, thanks. Never would have thought of that. :rolleyes:

So I've got the money, and can't get in contact with this guy. :dunno: :frown: :mad: [/RANT]

2. Davis Sharp

Davis Sharp Well-Known Member

You put in way more effort that I would have. To me, if they don't answer after the second message, either they don't want to sell or they're going to drag their feet.

$49 + shipping at GC

A few at Reverb

IGRocker and Paruwi like this.
  3. Raiyn

Raiyn Well-Known Member

When it comes to used pedals, I've had success with Amazon (yes used at Amazon), eBay, and more recently Reverb. I've never even heard of 5miles.

IGRocker likes this.
  4. Davis Sharp

Davis Sharp Well-Known Member

I guess CL left a huge opening by not having its own mobile app (I know, there 3rd party apps). So LetGo, 5miles, et al. are filling the gap. Sometimes it's nice where there is a monopoly so that you only need one app, but then you mayget Facebook (I know, Zuckerberg denies it's a monopoly).

5. Raiyn

Raiyn Well-Known Member

LetGo, I've at least heard of, doesn't mean I'd do business there though. That "Wish" app doesn't sit well either.

Probably a "me" thing.