(Almost) NGD - FT-100

Discussion in 'Epiphone Guitars' started by jeff1980, Dec 1, 2019.

1. jeff1980

jeff1980 Member

Hi,
    Musicstore in Collogne had/has a Black Friday offer - the Epi FT-100 for just 77,77€ and I couldn't resist as my "travel" acoustic has a risen bridge after 20 years of, well, traveling. The action is way beyond my comfort zone.
    Now I'm waiting for this new baby to arrive (should be here tomorrow).

However I found nearly no information on that guitar. On youtube it's almost always the DR-100 that shows up and even reviews are all about the DR-100.
    But it's listed on epiphone.com, so my first thought that it's a special run for musicstore or certain retailers seems to be wrong, too.

Is there any information about these FT's? I've got a FT-165 (12 string) from the early/mid 70's which is such a player. So I thought "why not" for the FT-100, especially for 80 bucks minus 23 cents - still can't believe it.

Cheers
    Jeff

Before anyone asks - of course I'll post photos and report back when she arrives :)

Davis Sharp and Paruwi like this.
  2. Paruwi

Paruwi Kraut-Rocker Staff Member

3. jeff1980

jeff1980 Member

Here we go:

IMG_0769 (1).jpg

Looks great and plays great (action is 2mm low e and 1.5mm high e), no fret buzz. The strings are crap, I'll throw on some Pyramids later today and change nut and saddle for real bone (sorry vegans).
    On the pickguard was a QR linking to the DR-100. So I think they are kind of similar. The FT seems to be a special run for which they didn't even bother making an own pickguard/QR :)