Any love for schecter?

Discussion in 'Other Guitars' started by Steven Howes, Nov 26, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Steven Howes

Steven Howes Active Member

I was at my local store yesterday and lo and behold they had a guitar I've been curious for ages. A Schecter Corsair Custom. http://www.schecterguitars.com/international/guitars/corsair-custom-natural-pearl-detail

God it was nice! A super fast feeling satin neck, super light, well balanced. I had it into a blues junior and the pickups were crazy! Not sure what to compare it too, especially when they would change so much depending on pick attack.

I'm not a fan of bigsbys. So I'd get the base version for a few hundred less(there's three models. Base, with bigsby and the custom.) Of course the base version has different neck dimensions and the pickups are difference so now I'm hesitating on ordering one.

I don't here much talk about schecter's here. What are peoples experiences with them (if any)?

John likes this.
  2. Raiyn

Raiyn Well-Known Member

No prejudice against 'em, I just haven't tried one yet.

I'm on a self-imposed GAS break, once I finish the two projects I have cooking now I have a couple boxes of not cheap bike parts that need to find a frame before SWMBO scalps me for wasting money on "crap sitting in boxes". To make matters worse, I kept the receipts and she knows I did....

John likes this.
  3. LSAR

LSAR Active Member

I've only come across a few and they've been pretty nice, but I've never liked the looks and I never found them particularly inspiring to play. The quality seems to be there though.

4. Steven Howes

I thought i was on a GAS break too. Then I bought one two days ago. :shock:
    The schedule I was looking at Looked like a 335 (kinda). It was out of my price range but I still liked it. I think it's a delicate guitar. The super thin finish doesn't protect it like an epi poly finish. It already had damage right at the headstock from the hangers.

5. Raiyn

Raiyn Well-Known Member

Epi and Fender poly finishes are quite durable. :D
    A nice selling point in my book.

LSAR likes this.
  6. Brian Krashpad

Brian Krashpad Member

I like their more traditional models. I had a Schecter Tempest Special, basically a slightly modernized Les Paul Special. It was a very nice guitar. The TV Yellow was better than the color of my Gibson LP Special (nowadays the only Gibson guitars in accurate TV Yellow, which is somewhat transparent to the grain, are Historic models, sadly) frankly. Build, tone, and playability were very good.

[​IMG]

John and CheshireFrog like this.
  7. Raiyn

Raiyn Well-Known Member

For some reason this one ding a ding dangs my dang a long ling long.
    [​IMG]

8. Steven Howes

I wonder how long it would take before I bagged myself with that? That needs some binding to make the shape pop out more.

9. Raiyn

Raiyn Well-Known Member

Appropriate to the genre my friend.

I probably should have grabbed a screenshot and cut it down in the ol' Photochopper. That way it'd have the white background from the website.

10. John

John Active Member

Any love for schecter?
    I would love to check one out. The Schecter C-6 is the one I'm interested in. It's inexpensive enough that it would be fun to mod and you are not out tons of money if you don't like it. "Transparent Cherry Burst"

Raiyn likes this.
  11. John

John Active Member

Well crap, "OR NOT". I did it simply because we are talking about it in the this forum as we speak. I just ordered this........... c-6-deluxe-mblue-tilt.png
    The old lady said "Satin Blue" or else........

Raiyn likes this.
  12. wildeman

wildeman Well-Known Member

I have this Hellcat and think its great, very high quality and fun to play. 20160222_140452.jpg

Raiyn and John like this.
  13. Steven Howes

Very cool! What are the pickups?

14. wildeman

wildeman Well-Known Member

Thanx, the pups are Duncan designed mini humbuckers and are splittable with a push/pull pot.

15. Jay Bones

Jay Bones Active Member

The few I've checked I'd describe as light, slinky and fast. Mostly favored by shredder types is the vibe I get, particularly the more than 6 string ones.

I dig the staggered string though, not sure if that's supposed to do anything (the slight difference in over all length negated by above the nut length).

And I run across them used cheap enough. When I get some gas (and life) out of the way I may have to pick one up.

16. Raiyn

Raiyn Well-Known Member

There's an SG looking one that's pretty cool, but it's WAAAY down the list. I've got a Jag idea and a Unknown Hinson siggy to get first.

[​IMG]