Bugera?

Discussion in 'Tone Zone' started by JGamble76, Sep 9, 2018.

1. JGamble76

JGamble76 New Member

A Bugera v5 Infinium for $100. Good deal or not??

2. John

John Well-Known Member

It isn't bad at all actually. New they run roughly 200.00. I like Bugera and am considering that very amp. I have a G20 with double cabs and I love it. For home use the V5 would be a decent one in my opinion.

IGRocker and Stuart like this.
  3. elephantrider

elephantrider Well-Known Member

i have the t5 head and honestly, it sounds really really good when cranked
    up. you can get some awesome sounds out of it, all while you not peeling
    paint off the walls.

Stuart likes this.
  4. Stuart

Stuart Well-Known Member

A lot of guys at our old place really rated the Bugeras, along with the Vox AC4s, & I had it in mind to suggest that to you as a possible option also. At $100 I would say grab it :thumb:

... &, if memory serves me correctly, it has a blue indicator light :cool:

Last edited: Sep 10, 2018
  5. Steven Howes

Steven Howes Active Member

I just commented on the other thread about this exact amp. I really REALLY like mine. it's switchable from 5W down to 1 and 0.1W. 0.1 is pretty quiet, I like it best at 1W. I'm in an apartment so until I move it on up to a house it's stuck at 1W.

The built in reverb is nice (to my ears). It's a low gain amp so is you want to play metal you'll need pedals. Speaking of which, no effects loop. at 1W if you put the gain to 10 it breaks up nicely. I was playing it last night with my 339 with p90s and you dig in it breaks up and soften up the pick attack and it cleans up well.

I'm running it through a EVH 5150III 1X12. i tried a few and it sounded the best, though the cab was easily double the price I paid for the amp. I hear the bugera 1x12 cabs sound great but shipping(from sweetwater) to canada would have added 220 bucks to the cost. Came out to be roughly the same price as the EVH I guess. lol

There's also a cab sim headphone out I've only used it a few times. sounded pretty assey to me. I should try it out again just to be sure.

Stuart likes this.
  6. Stuart

Stuart Well-Known Member

If you are after reverb, that places the Bugera V5 combo ahead of the Vox AC4 combo, but I do like the 1/4 watt setting on my Vox Head, it allowed me a move up to a 12” cabinet, & you can always add a reverb pedal :io:

7. Steven Howes

Steven Howes Active Member

Oops I didn't notice you were looking at the v5, I have the t5...

8. JGamble76

JGamble76 New Member

Thank you all for your responses. Very helpful.

Stuart and John like this.
  9. RegularJim

RegularJim Active Member

Definitely give it a go before buying. These V5 amps usually fall in either the "love it" or "hate it" category. You should find out what camp you're in before you lay down any money.

That said, if you you're a "love it" guy, you couldn't spend $100 any better.

They sound a little dark, and the tone knob sounds kind of "middy", instead of "trebley" like you'd expect.

I've had mine a couple of weeks and I'm still learning it. I can tell you that mine sounds best in my garage on the 5 watt setting up loud. They tend to lose some dynamics on the lower power settings and lower volumes.

The reliability was sketchy on some of the older ones, or so I hear. But mine seems rock solid so far.

Bottom line, if you like it, you'd be hard pressed to find a better amp for the money.

I'd look at the Monoprice Stage Right amps too. Lots of positive reviews on those. The 5 watt version will run you about $100, and the 15 watt (TONS of features and a 12" speaker) about $200, but they're always going on sale. Many people swear by them. I do too.

Good luck with your shopping @JGamble76 !

Stuart likes this.