CoVid-19 Thread.

Discussion in 'The Backstage' started by Digger, Mar 25, 2020.

1. Paruwi

Paruwi Kraut-Rocker

Thanks - we try to do our best

We've been watching this since End of Jan,
    First I wasn't worried too much, cause it was far away
    Every year many more people die of the flu ......

though a few days later, when the hits got closer I have changed my thoughts about it

Lancpudn and Biddlin like this.
  2. Digger

Digger Well-Known Member

I think we all have Peter. Once it overwhelms the heath system others will die of things that normally could be treated.

Paruwi likes this.
  3. Davis Sharp

Davis Sharp Well-Known Member

We are all sheltered in place in a Washington, DC suburb. My wife has been working from home since January, but not because of COVID-19, that's just how her new company rolls. The two teenage boys have been out of school since March 16 and will be home until April 24. So we're going through a lot of food and milk. I used to telework 2 days/week, but now it's full time and indefinitely. Two work trips were moved to virtual meetings and it's hard to do some of those on a laptop screen.

My 70 y.o. in-laws live nearby and we're delivering groceries to them so they don't have to leave the house. MIL has respiratory conditions and FIL has heart problems and diabetes. My 89 y.o. mother is in a senior living apartment complex in Florida. We ask her not to play cards or socialize with her friends.

Looking at the infection curves of different countries, the USA's is still climbing and we can't take the drastic control measures that a dictatorship like China can. I think we're in for at least six more weeks of self-isolation. But if people start to think that they're "safe" and go out again, the curve will shoot up.

Stay safe everyone. Practice good hygiene and follow evidence-based medical advice.

Paruwi likes this.
  4. Davis Sharp

Davis Sharp Well-Known Member

No politics. Report yourself. :D

JohnnyN and Paruwi like this.
  5. BGood

BGood Well-Known Member

6. Paruwi

Paruwi Kraut-Rocker

in this case - yep

kind of 'good' humour

7. Biddlin

Biddlin Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    Anyone else getting a new suit for Easter?

BlackSG91 and Lancpudn like this.
  8. BGood

BGood Well-Known Member

Dear Friends,

In these anxiety provoking times, I'd like to give you a little tip to help ease our anxiety level. On TV, a representative of the Dalai Lama said that to obtain inner peace, we must always finish what we have started, and that, under this condition, we will enjoy more serenity in our lives.

I looked around the house to find things that I had started without finishing them. So I finished an open bottle of Rosé de Provence, a bottle of Bordeaux, anozer boddle of Rousillon, a buttel ov Bodka and a battle ov pairr.

You gan't immajin ow bedder eye veal naow. Bass on da mezage do all doze ooo need inerpieze an delem dadi lov'm.
    Hafagoudey ...

epi 'sildo, Lancpudn, Digger and 2 others like this.
  9. Paruwi

Paruwi Kraut-Rocker

Last edited: Mar 26, 2020
    Davis Sharp likes this.
  10. Raiyn

Raiyn Well-Known Member

11. Biddlin

Biddlin Well-Known Member

Even in a "stand your ground" state, huh? Here, they're being pretty good at the few places I have had to go. Everyone at the grocery store and gas station kept their 6' of space yesterday.

BlackSG91 likes this.
  12. Otto99

Otto99 Well-Known Member

It’s the things we took for granted, like the buttons on the POS pad or the self checkout kiosk, the gas pump handle, etc. I’ve never really been afraid of contracting my death from the handle of a grocery cart, and am trying to not develop any phobia like that, but since we’ve really just started down the rabbit hole nationwide, I’ll be openly packing wipes when in public.

Digger likes this.
  13. BGood

BGood Well-Known Member

14. DigitalDreams

DigitalDreams Well-Known Member

Well said!

Strife_D and BGood like this.
  15. Otto99

Otto99 Well-Known Member

Well, great. Seems a worker at the monstrous Kroger grocery distribution center here in town has tested positive. So far as I know at this point, Kroger has said the person has been away from the center for three days as of last night but didn’t specify which shift. Half of the employees apparently went home immediately, and the ones that stayed contacted their union rep. So unless they get what they will now ask for, they’ll walk, and some 200 stores will be cut off from the mothership.

16. Digger

Digger Well-Known Member

I started wearing rubber gloves when I leave here and hold about 4 antiseptic wipes in my hand for opening doors, using a debit card and then wipe the car door handles steering wheel etc each time I get in. Hopefully as yet my country town is untouched by this insidious germ but it it worth risking your life? I think not! My only mask broke yesterday and I may yet wear a full industrial mask as you can’t buy masks here thanks to the hoarders.

Not needing to leave the property now for a while and like most places, there is nobody moving around much.

Paruwi and Davis Sharp like this.
  17. Paruwi

Paruwi Kraut-Rocker

upload_2020-3-28_20-18-45.png

when you think it can't get worse......

18. Raiyn

Raiyn Well-Known Member

In a word,
    [​IMG]
    You can't really blame the workers for bailing either. The company won't tell them where / when the person worked so they have no idea what equipment was potentially contaminated - never mind the merchandise that is potentially dangerous now.

Infrared thermometer at the gate: you got a fever, you go home.
    Yeah, that's not even accurate. One has to take into account the distinct lack of testing happening in the U.S. because the administration dragged it's feet like a child being led from the playground after recess. The only way to get a handle on this is to test, test , test.

EDIT: Our very own @littlebadboy has donated a track benefiting a charity fighting this ish. http://www.epiphonetalk.com/forums/tone-zone.4/

Last edited: Mar 28, 2020
    DigitalDreams likes this.
  19. BGood

BGood Well-Known Member

This is how I see the USA in the next days/weeks.

file copy.jpg

BlackSG91 likes this.
  20. Paruwi

Paruwi Kraut-Rocker

wiseman3.jpg

sad but true

BGood likes this.