economic pedal PSU..advice

Discussion in 'Tone Zone' started by saipan, Jul 30, 2019.

1. saipan

saipan Member

well my cheap $10 daisy chain power adapter died for no seemingly good reason. I guess I will up my game and buy something nicer. I am not a pro player and only have 4-5 pedals. Looking at the donner dp-2 or the caline cp-04....any input forum?

thanks

Last edited: Jul 30, 2019
  2. Davis Sharp

Davis Sharp Well-Known Member

I use one of those brick-looking power supplies. The brand is Caline, but it looks like any of a dozen different MIC power supplies. It was about $30. If 5 pedals is your limit, the Donner should be OK. They make durable products.

Blakk likes this.
  3. Raiyn

Raiyn Well-Known Member

4. wildeman

wildeman Well-Known Member

My cheap One Spots are still working well, i have thought about upgrading to a brick but don't really think i need to.

5. littlebadboy

littlebadboy Active Member

I included a power conditioner into my diy'd pedalboard then used each pedal's power supply included by manufacturer. However, I daisy chaines my looper with the mfx's since manufacturer didn't include one for it.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. Steven Howes

Steven Howes Active Member

I have Caline CP-05, the one with the 10 outputs. I have some pedals that need 500mA so I went with the bigger one. I also have a rotating stock of pedals that I mix and match with. I've had zero problems with it. If you're on the border with the number of pedals and the number of outputs on the CP-02 then I'd opt for more. We all know how GAS works and there's nothing more annoying than Juggling crap around trying to get a wall wart to fit somewhere for that new pedal...