Epiphone 1956 Les Paul Gold Top P90 Pro

Discussion in 'Epiphone Classifieds' started by rukind55, Sep 8, 2019.

1. rukind55

rukind55 New Member

91592.png Dead MINT and ready to play. This is the newest View attachment 10693 View attachment 10693 PRO version with upgraded P90 Pro pickups. Nice beefy 50's neck contour. Weighs in at about 8.5 lbs. No case. Never gigged and never left my man cave. Very lightly played with zero fret wear. Honestly, this guitar looks, feels, and plays like it's brand new.

$450 plus $25 shipping to CONUS

2. Raiyn

Raiyn Well-Known Member

Dude.....
    First post and already trying to sell us a guitar using a stock photo off the Epi site? :facepalm:

No "Hi, I'm (name / handle) from (city / state). I've been playing for (time period) and really like (particular guitar player)" ? We tend to like that sort of thing, especially with all the scam artists out there. I'm not implying anything, but one should be careful.

I mean at least engage with your audience before the hard sell. We're a relatively friendly bunch once you engage with us, (me included) but you need to at least introduce yourself. Otherwise, you'd have better luck on eBay or Reverb. (You might still be better off, honestly. Some of us have bills that need paying).

Not trying to be too harsh, (I was going for blunt yet friendly) but if nothing else, we're going need some actual photos at least. All angles and especially a picture of the serial number.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2019
  3. rukind55

rukind55 New Member

Raiyn,
    Point well taken and thank you for taking the time to kindly point out my poor manners. Your post was totally spot on. I've been a member of many online guitar communities for so long that I guess I've started taking for granted that I'm a known entity when in fact that was my first venture into your community. I guess I lost my head because I've stumbled into a guitar that I'm totally GASSING over (an Epiphone Elite) and I've got to sell one to afford the one I want before it's gone. Like I said, I lost my head. No actual photos yet because I was out of town and posted from my phone. I will post those tomorrow.

Raiyn and Davis Sharp like this.
  4. rukind55

rukind55 New Member

front.png back.png head.png
    Here are the requested additional photos of my guitar.

LocoTex and Davis Sharp like this.
  5. Raiyn

Raiyn Well-Known Member

No worries. Thank you for receiving the message as it was intended. We still know zip about you, but you're engaging at least so that's a good start. :cheers:

Very nice looking axe, but a shot of the serial number would be very helpful. Sad to say, but there's a counterfeit Epi problem - made even worse by the fact that everyone pays attention to Chibsons but few bother to check out an Epi.
    Allow me to put it this way, everyone checks $50's and $100's, but who checks $5's & $10's?

We've got a whole thread on the matter here
    http://www.epiphonetalk.com/threads/the-new-fake-epi-thread.8/

To catch a savvy buyer, you gotta let us look stuff over.
    :cheers:

Davis Sharp likes this.
  6. rukind55

rukind55 New Member

OK, I'll be posting a shot of the serial number. BTW, does anyone else live here besides you?

Raiyn likes this.
  7. Raiyn

Raiyn Well-Known Member

At this time of night? I suspect not too many. In fact (having just had a look) right now besides us, there are four others. I'm a night owl, so that's my excuse. I'd imagine the Aussies will be up soon though.

8. rukind55

rukind55 New Member

As requested. 9-9-2019 10-52-59 PM.png

Raiyn likes this.
  9. Davis Sharp

Davis Sharp Well-Known Member

Welcome to Epi-Talk.

@Raiyn covered all the important point, mainly the need for pics.

Good luck with the sale.

Raiyn likes this.
  10. Raiyn

Raiyn Well-Known Member

Indeed. Here's a BUMP for you.