Epiphone Les Paul Custom advice needed

Discussion in 'Epiphone Guitars' started by b80, Sep 13, 2019.

1. b80

b80 New Member

New to the forum, here. I've been a huge Epiphone fan since I got my first electric (an Epiphone Les Paul Special II).

Since then I've gone through a few:
    Epiphone Dot
    Epiphone Sheraton II Pro
    Epiphone Riviera P93
    Epiphone G400 SG.

Currently my #1 and #2 are a Gibson Les Paul Special w/ humbuckers and my Dot.
    I keep the LP in standard tuning and have the Dot 1/2 step down.

I really have my eye on an Epiphone LP Custom to replace my Dot at live shows. I like Les Pauls, so running two would be ideal.

I've tried a bunch of the lower Gibson offerings and they just don't feel great to me.

I tried a few Epiphone LP Customs and really love them. They're heavier, better sounding/playing and better looking than the cheaper Gibson's I've tried.

All this to ask, do any of you have Epiphone LP Customs that you love? Do you prefer the Pro model over the previous offerings? Have you done any upgrades? I'd love to hear any and all experiences with the Epiphone LP Customs!! Thanks!!

Paruwi and Davis Sharp like this.
  2. Raiyn

Raiyn Well-Known Member

I haven't owned an LP (just haven't found one that spoke to me) but all of the Epi's I've worked on have responded to mods beautifully. Find one that "feels" right, and I / we can help with the rest if needed.

Welcome to the Asylum. We're pretty laid back around here, unlike some of the other guitar forums.

b80 likes this.
  3. MerrChan

MerrChan Active Member

I've been really taken by my Jotun. It's pretty awesome. The big grab for me was the price including case
    and it has a pretty cool feature if you need a bottle opener? Never have used it but it's there.
    I truly am knocked out by the EMG's and upgraded OEM 'Nashville' bridge, Ebony neck and just fuggin' Gorgeous all over.
    Neat features like strap locks and switch tip in the bag. Not too heavy but very resonant.
    Check American Musical (AMS) if you want a good price.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Epiphone Bjorn Gelotte Jotun Les Paul Custom

Last edited: Sep 14, 2019
    b80 likes this.
  4. BGood

BGood Well-Known Member

That is some blingy thing !
    One thing I'll tell you to look out for is that the Custom is the most faked Epiphone. So when you find one, run the photos here to get it authentified.
    We need front and back of headstock, and a good sharp one of front of body.

And welcome here.

b80 likes this.
  5. Brian16sg

Brian16sg Active Member

Very nice!

6. b80

b80 New Member

WOW! That's lovely

7. b80

b80 New Member

Ahh, good to know. I may end up buying new, if I can find a good enough discount.

Thanks for the tips, everyone!!

8. RegularJim

RegularJim Active Member

I have an LP Custom Pro. Super nice guitar. Nicer than my Gibson LP in many ways.