Esonic2 problems

Discussion in 'Epiphone Guitars' started by Phil Carey, May 22, 2018.

1. Phil Carey

Phil Carey New Member

Hi all,

Seem to be having problems with my esonic2 on my epiphone EJ200 Jumbo. The turner stopped working and there is a buzzing sound due to a grounding issue. The buzzing stops as soon as I put my finger on the jack. Anyone got any suggestions of how to sort?

Many thanks in advance.

2. Davis Sharp

Davis Sharp Well-Known Member

Hi Phil and welcome to Epi-Talk.

The obvious, which I'm sure you've tried, is to replace the batteries in the eSonic unit. The buzzing does sound like a grounding problem, so you'll have to make sure that the ground wires are properly soldered. I've never worked on my acoustic-electric, but I'm sure there are YouTube videos on how to fix that.

Paruwi likes this.
  3. Phil Carey

Phil Carey New Member

Hi, yes I've tried the batteries and still a problem. I've read a few stories of this being a problem with the esonic2 so just seeing if anyone else had the same problem. I'll take a look on youtube though and see what I can find. Thank you :)

4. Sky_9

Sky_9 New Member

Interesting... I'm having similar problems. I purchased a new ej200 in August and the preamp has been intermittent or not working at all from day 1... Sometimes the signal is low, sometimes no signal at all, and for a while all I was getting was loud hum. Last time I plugged the guitar in it sounded great, but then began cutting in and out, eventually going back into the mode of no sound at all. The store rep showed it to their guitar tech; battery checks fine, connections are good... They said that the preamp needs to be replaced. I've been working with the store where the instrument was purchased and they say they've sent correspondences to the manufacturer. I keep checking back with them, but nothing has been resolved in three months. I am currently drafting a letter to send to Epiphone, hoping that might help. Overall, I am happy with the instrument, though the preamp not working is a big disappointment. Suggestions welcome!