For Sale: Epiphone SG G-400 1966RI Like New w/ Upgrades

Discussion in 'Epiphone Classifieds' started by The Convert, Sep 8, 2017.

1. The Convert

The Convert Active Member

This listing is for one 2014 Epiphone SG. This is a "Limited Edition Custom Shop" version on the G-400 Pro platform. It is branded as a 1966 Reissue, and there are period differences in the construction, such as in the neck profile, vintage tuners, plastics, and more.

This guitar is in like-new condition. It is functionally and cosmetically without blemish. No nicks or "buckle rash". It's not been gigged.

This guitar has been upgraded. The Alnico Classic Plus pickups have been upgraded to a matched set of American made Seymour Duncan SH-1 '59 neck and bridge pickups. These were purchased in the Seymour Duncan "Vintage Blues Set", but don't be fooled by that name: these are SD's standard PAF-style pickups and have been great for an array of rock tones, some metal, and yes, blues too. This upgrade is roughly a 50% increase in the investment in this instrument: and it is worth it!

Come get a special, upgraded and excellent playing instrument for the cost of a new bolt-on model!

I will ship for free to the continental US. I ship in the original box and protection, and I package in the professional double-box standard. I only accept Paypal for payments. Contact me if interested and I will invoice you through Paypal.

I've listed this on eBay, but for my EpiphoneTalk pals I'll knock $50 off my buy-it-now price for a total of $250 shipped. If you want to try to bid on it starting at $225, here's that link:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/202050581884?ul_noapp=true

Now for some pics...

IMG_0663 (2).jpg IMG_0669 (2).jpg

IMG_0665 (3).jpg IMG_0670 (3).jpg

IMG_0666 (2).jpg s-l1600.jpg

2. BGood

BGood Well-Known Member

Nice one.

Just you know, the "Limited Edition Custom Shop" tag on the back of the headstock is nothing special. My $84 LP Special 1 has it and so did most of all the other relatively recent Epiphones I've owened.

3. The Convert

This is why I put it in quotes. It's something that Epiphone communicates as a value indicator of brand, so in that regard, even if its inconsistent, it's relevant.

BGood likes this.
  4. The Convert

SOLD

Thanks so much for looking folks!