For Sale Squier Avril Lavigne Telecaster

Discussion in 'Non-Epiphone Classifieds' started by Davis Sharp, Oct 31, 2018.

1. Davis Sharp

Davis Sharp Well-Known Member

Forum member price: $225 shipped (neck off) CONUS only.

This is a combination NGD and For Sale post. :)

This 2008 Avril Lavigne Tele had been on the local Craigslist for a while. I made and offer, he accepted. Nice guy, the seller. He bought it for his daughter, but she decided not to pursue learning the guitar. As he doesn't have a lot of space in his house, he put it up for sale.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

It's made in Indonesia with a full-thickness, basswood body that tips the scales at 7.5 lbs (3.4 kg). The finish is glossy and gorgeous. There's no routing under the pickguard and, if you leave the pickguard off, the all-black body makes it look more metal.

The neck is satin and thin like an Affinity. Makes sense, because Squier saw young women as their target market. The fretboard is a thick slab of rosewood, with the side dots completely embedded; not half in the FB and half in the neck as with Affinity models. There are no fret marker inlays other than the hand-drawn-looking pentagram at the 5th. AL's signature is on the headstock.

[​IMG]

Reportedly, when the designers observed Avril, she would use only one pickup and turn the tone all the way up. So there is one humbucker, one volume, no tone, and a 3-way switch for coil splitting (right coil/HB/left coil). That humbucker is one angry little thing. I've only played it through a little Vox VX1. It's clear and hot.

The guitar is in very good shape. There were some superficial scratches and a couple of dings the size of a pen point, but no breaks in the surface paint or signs of heavy wear.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

It's a fun guitar to play. But, honestly, it doesn't check any boxes for me. I have two Teles, three black guitars, and other things with humbuckers. Also, I'm above my self-imposed limit of 10-ish guitars.

Below is a photo of the guitar in action (player not included). More photos and specs on the Reverb site. Yes, I listed it as a "Fender Squier."

[​IMG]
    By Original image photographed by Cliff Wittig (as "Rays Renegade")*derivative work: – Kerαunoςcopia◁galaxies - Avril Lavigne playing guitar, St. Petersburg.jpg, CC BY-SA 3.0, https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?curid=15473978

2. Raiyn

Raiyn Well-Known Member

That's just a star inlay. Avril might be a pop-punk princess, but her marketing wouldn't allow for "satanic" branding.

3. Davis Sharp

You can call it whatever you want, when you buy it. ;)

4. Supersonic

Supersonic Well-Known Member

5. Raiyn

Raiyn Well-Known Member

6. Supersonic

Supersonic Well-Known Member

Raiyn likes this.
  7. Davis Sharp

Bump for price drop. $200 shipped (CONUS, neck off).

8. Davis Sharp

Sold.

Raiyn likes this.