Les Paul and SG Special VE (Vintage Editions)

Discussion in 'Epiphone Guitars' started by Davis Sharp, Oct 10, 2018 at 5:58 PM.

1. Davis Sharp

Davis Sharp Well-Known Member

I guess these are new (press release date October 1, 2018), or at least the names are. They look nice and have a tune-o-matic bridge and a stopbar tailpiece. So that (IMO) is a step up from the wraparound bridge/tailpiece. The LP is $149 ($194 CAD, 129€) and the SG is $179 ($233 CAD, 155€).

[​IMG]
    Epiphone introduces the new Les Paul Special VE™ (Vintage Edition) electric guitar featuring the classic Les Paul profile with a lightweight Poplar body. The Les Paul Special VE is powered by Epiphone Open Coil* humbuckers and is available in beautiful new “Vintage Worn” color finishes including Cherry, Ebony, Heritage Cherry Sunburst, Vintage Sunburst, and Walnut. The Les Paul Special VE™ is available only at select retailers. See your nearest Authorized Epiphone Dealer for details.

*Ceramic

[​IMG]

The new Epiphone SG-Special VE™ is a great way for new players to discover a rock classic at a price anyone can afford. Featuring Epiphone open-coil humbuckers with Ceramic Magnets and available in five beautiful Vintage Worn finishes including Cherry, Ebony, Heritage Cherry Sunburst, Vintage Sunburst, and Walnut.

The LP also comes in a @Paruwi-approved color
    [​IMG]

Raiyn likes this.
  2. Paruwi

Paruwi Kraut-Rocker Staff Member

:thumb:

[​IMG]

the VE have a nice thin open pore finish

LSAR and Davis Sharp like this.
  3. Raiyn

Raiyn Well-Known Member

So did they drop the price?

4. RegularJim

RegularJim Active Member

I played one in the store the other day. I liked it! I already have a Special II, which is very similar, so I left it in the store. But I recommend them to anyone who needs an inexpensive LP.

Davis Sharp and Raiyn like this.
  5. Davis Sharp

Davis Sharp Well-Known Member

These are touted as new models. But the LP Special VE is cheaper than the LP Special II, but not the Special I.

6. Raiyn

Raiyn Well-Known Member

The Learn More (at least for the SG) links to one touted as having a "2017 Edition" decal so I dunno.

7. RTH

RTH Moderator Staff Member

What's the difference between these and the specials? They look the same to me. Poplar bodies?

8. Raiyn

Raiyn Well-Known Member

So far, that seems to be the thing. Although, I just went looking and the MSRP of $179 for the Poplar SG 'VE is the current retail price of the Mahogany Special...

Curiouser and Curiouser