Long Time Listener, First Time Player

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Donutz, May 2, 2020.

1. Donutz

Donutz Member

Hello from midcoast Maine! Like so many of us in these weird times, I've finally done something I've always wanted to do & should have done many decades ago - bought my first guitar. So now I too can know first hand (literally) the frustration of deading the high E while learning basic chords :D I will be hopefully picking (bad joke) y'alls brains about things like that

I have no big ambitions or expectations & would be very happy being just able to play the songs of my 70s & 80s youth to a packed sunroom of dogs & cats.

I'm a baker by night when there aren't pandemics screwing with my circadian rhythm. My screen name is my specialty.

But enough of that. I know y'all wanna see it....wut. So here is the only guitar I've wanted for years - an Epi Les Paul Standard PTP in Bourbon Burst:

[​IMG]

BGood, Paruwi and DigitalDreams like this.
  2. Paruwi

Paruwi Kraut-Rocker

Hi Donutz,

Welcome here @ €piTalk
    :wave:

3. Davis Sharp

Davis Sharp Well-Known Member

Welcome. That's a wicked good guitar you have.

4. BGood

BGood Well-Known Member

Nice ! What amp will it go through to scare the dogs away ? (cats like it)

5. Donutz

Donutz Member

Hi Paruwi. Thanks for the welcome!

6. Donutz

Donutz Member

Hi Davis. Thanks! I'm super pleased with everything about it. Tone is solid, stays in tune, and the finish? The online retailer photos did/do not do the Bourbon Burst justice. It's stunning.

7. Donutz

Donutz Member

Thanks! For right now I'm just using an VOX Mini3 that my one boy's "I want an electric guitar!" years ago ended up collecting dust. It suits my noob needs as I learn chords & try to make my fret hand behave & bend awkwardly. I'll practice chords on the clean setting, get frustrated, set amp to Cali Metal & do really bad, one finger AC/DC riffs that are at least somewhat recognizable :D

Given that I have no plans to ever do anything than annoy said cats & dogs was thinking that a Line 6 Spider 5 MKII might be a reward down the line so I can have some drums/etc to play with.

BGood likes this.