Looking for an ES-335 Case

Discussion in 'Epiphone Guitars' started by Davis Sharp, Aug 13, 2019.

1. Davis Sharp

Davis Sharp Well-Known Member

Does anyone know where I can buy a 335-sized case for not too much $$? The ones that usually go on sale at Amazon and Musician's Friend, etc. are too short. It needs to be roughly (internal dimensions) 43"L x 15.5"W x 3.5"D or 115 x 40 x 9 cm.

None are for sale on CL, etc. None of the Glarry (Wal*Mart) cases are big enough.

The lowest price I can find is about $85 (free shipping) on Amazon for a Crossrock brand.

Thanks.

2. Paruwi

Paruwi Kraut-Rocker Staff Member

Be careful - not all 'cheap' 335 cases will fit the (huge, compared to some others) Epi headstock

Once I had a Gator hardcase, and the space to the Lucille headstock wasn't really big 1-1,5cm (1/2")

Davis Sharp likes this.
  3. Davis Sharp

Good to know. Some cases show the dimensions of all the compartments, others don't.

4. Steven Howes

Steven Howes Active Member

Last edited: Aug 14, 2019
  5. Davis Sharp

I didn't notice either. Also, it's 42" long. I'm not sure whether that is internal or expernal, but I need at least 43".

There's a Crossrock case on Amazon for $90. The dimensions seem right but some reviews say it's too small while other say it's too big. I'm searching for the Goldilocks case.

6. Cozmik Cowboy

Cozmik Cowboy Active Member

Sweetwater has the actual Epi case for $129. I'm betting it would fit (but not at high odds; I talked to SLM about a case for '79 Alvarez 5014, bought the Alvarez case - and sent it back because the lower bouts would not fit in it).

When my wife bought me my '92 Sheraton at GC, she got the house-brand hard case; fits perfectly.

Davis Sharp likes this.
  7. MerrChan

MerrChan Active Member

Gator Journeyman case fits my ES-335 with ease, I like the canvas cover. It hasn't torn or ripped up and looks great. Deep, blue interior
    The Epiphone E-519 case fits my Riviera 12 string easily and comfortably, they both cost about the same.
    But I had to call Epiphone about what case would be best for the Riviera 12, E-519 was their answer and sure enough it was on point.

Davis Sharp likes this.
  8. Stuart

Stuart Well-Known Member

You could always buy another 335 WITH a case, then keep the geet you like the most :naughty:

9. Bradley D. Lyons

Bradley D. Lyons Active Member

I have 2 Epi cases that fit my ES-335 Pro, my Sheraton and my Dot Studio. I have a Gator case that fits them as well. I have a rather nice Guitar Fetish case that fits them and my Century 1966 which has a 25 1/2 inch scale length (it only cost around $80 dollars as I recall).

Davis Sharp likes this.
  10. Davis Sharp

Thanks. GFS has a few that are 43" long inside. They are $89.95 and $30 shipping. I think I'll stick with Amazon and free (Prime) shipping.