NGD 03 Epi Dot/335 :D

Discussion in 'Epiphone Guitars' started by reelaroundthefountain, Jun 7, 2019.

1. reelaroundthefountain

reelaroundthefountain New Member

03FFE61D-3595-4055-8681-8250679C6EC3.jpeg 4CC55A5F-1BF6-4327-8348-540DC41E86B6.jpeg B2AA0B5D-F772-4D61-85B0-8715852EC0E6.jpeg Super happy with this acquisition, now the search for an Elitist 335 & a Epi 345 begins hehe!

Paruwi, Stuart and DigitalDreams like this.
  2. Steven Howes

Steven Howes Active Member

335's are the best. I have mine set up for slide and I'm always on the lookout for another that isn't rediculously priced.

reelaroundthefountain likes this.
  3. blunge

blunge New Member

Nice, what vintage is that?

4. Brian16sg

Brian16sg Active Member

Congrats! i was playing around on a used Dot ant the local Guitar Center earler this week. It felt played and sounded nice.

reelaroundthefountain likes this.
  5. reelaroundthefountain

How do you like it for the slide Steve? the sound must be huge haha! 335s, 345s & 339s are my dream guitars & definitely happy to find a lightly used one, the frets really have no indents or play wear anywhere, the headstock & body size make getting a case a little tricky tho! This thing is weighty on the neck too, but it doesn't dive, has impressive balance & i can do some neat neck vibrato things. I can't tell if it's a maple or mahogany tbh the neck is painted inside the truss rod, but I've read they used both. This is a 2003 from the serial, looks all original, so I pretty much just top wrapped it, put some 10-52s on & set the pickup height & pole pieces where I wanted & it rips, great sustain. Pickups took a bit of adjusting before I started to like them & now I think I'll keep them for awhile, starting to think the 'mudbucker' moniker is a little unfair on these early Epi's. Thanks Brian, I love semi-hollows, they are super versatile & really aren't hard to work it, personally I think the Les Paul ES/ES-175/339 are my favourite because of the size.

6. Davis Sharp

Davis Sharp Well-Known Member

She's a good looking guitar.

7. Stuart

Stuart Well-Known Member

Niiice :thumb:

8. reelaroundthefountain

hey y’all sorry to bump an old post but i recently noticed the guitar may have been cherry colour originally & was changed to black I’m guessing at the factory for cosmetic purposes perhaps? there are spots of red in the f-holes & a black splotch of what appears to be overspray inside not visible from most angles. Does this suggest a refinish, I can’t imagine a consumer doing something like this with an epiphone hmm. I can’t find traces of a 2nd stamp on the headstock & I didn’t lose value on the guitar so I’m really just curious now haha
    D14D7440-13FD-4811-9828-FF497F5D9AA9.jpeg

9. Steven Howes

Steven Howes Active Member

Sorry for they delay. My notifications are hit and miss for threads I comment I.

I’ve tried a few of my guitars for slide and the dot is the one to rule them all. The action isn’t tediciously high so I can play it normally. I think it has 11s for the extra tension. It sounds huge. Add some fuzz and it’s heaven. Sonce that first comment I found another dot but it doesn’t compare to “big red”.