Not Secure?

Discussion in 'Front Desk' started by DPaulCustom, Jul 27, 2018.

1. DPaulCustom

DPaulCustom Well-Known Member

I've been getting this a lot lately. When I log on to EpiTalk, the page comes up, but the browser is saying Not Secure.
    What's this about
    [​IMG]

Supersonic likes this.
  2. Supersonic

Supersonic Well-Known Member

I was wondering the same thing. I use Chrome and it's been saying that on mine too.

3. Paruwi

Paruwi Kraut-Rocker Staff Member

@Alex might have a look at this....:hmm:

DPaulCustom likes this.
  4. Raiyn

Raiyn Well-Known Member

It basically means that the site isn't using https protocol. While it has become the defacto standard of late as long as you're not giving out credit card information and the like you *should* be OK.

Having said that, I'd like to see https used here especially since it can be done for free through places like Let's Encrypt

The reason you (and I) are getting notified is because more recent browsers place a priority on security and will notify the user if the connection is unsecured.
    1532791872403.jpg

5. Davis Sharp

Davis Sharp Well-Known Member

Well, this site makes you want to got to eBay, Rever, GC.com, etc and spend money. But that's a different type of risk.

6. DPaulCustom

DPaulCustom Well-Known Member

I was curious, No other site I visit comes up not secure, & it made me wonder why.
    The only thing I would worry about is the info in private messages, not that I post any banking info, but hackers love to sell your email address, & who knows what people can do with your home address these days.

7. Raiyn

Raiyn Well-Known Member

True. One precaution you could take that worked back in the day was typing your email in as dpaulcustom AT (your webhost) DOT com. That worked against link skimmers looking for the hyperlink.

8. Alex

Alex Administrator Staff Member

This SSL issue is not a risk to you all when logging in on the site. The site tech is working on adding a SSL certificate to the site and others.

Thanks.

Raiyn and Paruwi like this.