PITA Rhymes With....

Discussion in 'The Backstage' started by Digger, Jan 13, 2019.

1. Digger

Digger Well-Known Member

An organisation that claims to represent animals.

Said organisation has stated that Kangaroos are a threatened species here in Oz!
    This was taken last night from the Mallacoota golf club where we were dining with a large group of friends.

This is a sample from one small part of one small town in a very big country!

Dishonest or ill informed? I know what I think!
    upload_2019-1-14_7-51-0.jpeg

2. Otto99

Otto99 Well-Known Member

I’m a big believer in animal rights and prevention of cruelty, but PETA goes way overboard. They got all snippy and pissy when President Obama swatted a fly during an interview. Sorry folks, but a damn fly has no rights in my world.

Digger likes this.
  3. Davis Sharp

Davis Sharp Well-Known Member

PETA thinks every non-human species is endangered or enslaved.

4. John

John Well-Known Member

5. Digger

Digger Well-Known Member

Any of you that read my comments in these places would know how much I love and value our wildlife!

I just hate those that sit outside the country and direct incorrect and unfounded lies.

Lancpudn likes this.
  6. Lancpudn

Lancpudn Well-Known Member

I see natures lawn mowers in that pic. :thumb:

7. Raiyn

Raiyn Well-Known Member

I'm a sucker for critters, but I was raised in a fairly rural area. Hunting and fishing were typical activities and everyone knew what season it was. We'd have countdowns to the fishing opener, (and betting pools on when the lake ice would go out).

[​IMG]

Digger likes this.
  8. Stuart

Stuart Well-Known Member

We have a huge billboard on a prominent road in Sydney encouraging us to call a piglet ‘Penelope Sue’ instead of ‘Dinner’... Stupid name for a Roast I think!

Davis Sharp likes this.
  9. Supersonic

Supersonic Well-Known Member

Hunting and fishing are a big deal in my neck of the woods too. I've been deer hunting several times but I just don't really care for it. I've only ever killed one and I dressed it, skinned it, butchered it and all of that, but it was just kinda meh for me...although venison tenderloin is damn good! I do fish though.

Stuart likes this.
  10. Otto99

Otto99 Well-Known Member

F4493A1B-0127-400E-93FD-0C63A0B2022E.jpeg This sign blew some PETA minds!

Davis Sharp likes this.
  11. Digger

Digger Well-Known Member

I kill rabbits almost every day of my life, otherwise the damage they do would be unsustainable.

Wrong animal in the wrong country!

I have killed foxes for the same reason, but happy to co-exist with everything else unless they are dangerous and a threat to me & mine. I only kill snakes if I absolutely have to.

If you don’t want to eat meat that’s fine with me but I love it.

Yeah Roos in big mobs can actually eat themselves out and starve, you should hear the uproar when a cull is suggested!
    Some groups would rather see animals starve than ended quickly, where’s the kindness in that?

European settlement brought miles of fresh pastures and a water hole in each paddock and so since white settlement they have done very well.

I am thrilled to see our lovely native animals and am lucky to see them more often than many.