Police called to reports of an armed man in a house in Stockport near to Cale Green Park

Discussion in 'The Backstage' started by Fullmoon 1971, Jun 18, 2017.

1. Fullmoon 1971

Fullmoon 1971 Well-Known Member

Police have been called to reports of an armed man in a house. Officers were called to Heath Road in Stockport next to Cale Green Park shortly after 7pm this evening. A helicopter is currently overhead and ‘lots’ of officers are at the scene. It is unknown if anyone else is in the house. There are no reports of any injuries.
    A GMP spokesman said: “We have an ongoing incident. We believed somebody might be armed. “At the moment the plan will be to talk with him and get him to come out. “He’s in a house on Heath Road. We don’t know if he’s alone.”

You may be wondering why I've posted this tonight? It's 01.30 am and its now been 6 1/2 hours since this story started, my point. It 26 degrees both inside and outside, and for the last 6 1/2 hours My self, my son & my partner have been virtual prisoners in our own home. Why you ask? because this event is happening 2 houses away from mine and the police say that we need to keep doors and windows closed.

Image from Manchester evening news website incorrectly showing location
    [​IMG]

Image showing my home in relation to events (it's about 100 yards-the house in question has a large back yard)
    [​IMG]
    If he manages to escape over his back wall if would off had a straight run the back of our gardens.

Image showing police cordon - with park on right hand side (if goggle / newspaper was right the woman on the left of the picture would be on the wrong side of the tape, she is actually stood about 25 feet from where the google shows the incident)
    [​IMG]

we were told that we could leave but there was no guarantee when it would be okay to return. this wasn't really a option as all our extented family live on the other side of manchester.

Sorry if this sounds like a rant - I hate hot weather and can't stand not having windows open, My guitar room is currently saying 32 degrees:mad: and theres still no end in sight.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2017
  2. Davis Sharp

Davis Sharp Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear about this. I hope it resolves quickly and safely. The police should have the back exits covered.

3. Shadow Explorer

Shadow Explorer Well-Known Member

Oh man, I hope everything will be alright for everyone!

4. Fullmoon 1971

Fullmoon 1971 Well-Known Member

Issue finally resolved at 03.50am, think police finally stormed the house.

Paruwi likes this.