PSA-Don’t act like my neighbor

Discussion in 'The Backstage' started by Cenz, Jul 1, 2019.

1. Cenz

Cenz Active Member

Pete, if this is out of line and needs to be nuked, my apologizes beforehand.

I’m in the garage adjusting the chain on the door opener, cleaning my bike, just putzing around.

My neighbor pulls up, jumps out of his Jeep, and regales me with his just recent encounter with the Minnesota State Police.

I like the guy. He’s from NYC, me from Philly. Been living next door since January. Going through a divorce. Or separation. Or something.

He has a white 2018 Jeep Sahara with 36 inch tires, overhead LED light bar, brush guard with LED lights, Chris Kyle skull logos on it, and big NEW YORK decals on either side of the hood. He is also Jewish. I bring this up ONLY because it’s relevant to the story. Also has his kids with him because he took them to Jimmy John’s to get some sandwiches.

Lance: I just got pulled over by a bull dyke State Trooper by Target. His words.

Me: what happened?

L: I was behind some guy at the stop sign. I saw the cruiser across the street. The guy stopped, went through the intersection but the Trooper didn’t move.

Me: and?

L: So I went. I didn’t get 50 feet down the road and the lights come on.

Me: then what?

L: she said I rolled through the stop sign. I told her “I’m sorry but I believe you’re wrong”

Narrator: Never argue with the cop. You lose every time.

L: she said I did and she said she was watching me. I told her I wasn’t, and she was wrong.

Me: Come on Lance, you’re from NYC. You know better than to argue. Yes sir, yes ma’am, I’m sorry, I must not have been paying attention to foot pressure on the brake, whatever.

I would have left this next part out, but I cannot for the life of me figure out why he said this.

L: She started giving me some attitude. I showed her my Star of David and asked her if she was Anti-Semitic

Me: (cringing and looking for a hole to hide in) Dude, you CAN’T say that. That’s an invite to an all expense paid trip to the Scott County Jail.

L: she sees the kids and says “hold on”. She comes back and says, “I’m giving you a warning for the stop sign.

He proceeds to show me three tickets she gave him for equipment violations

Tires sticking too far out of the fender wells

Narrator: Almost every Jeep in Minnesota has oversized tires. Some even have the shaved fender flares which make the tires stick out more.

Both sets of off-road lights are uncovered.

Narrator: Apparently in Minnesota there is some type of archaic law that says extra lighting has to be covered unless you are off-road. Also it appears the law is never enforced, unless you mouth off to the cop.

So instead of a 50 or 60 dollar ticket, he got three for 625.

Motto. Never argue with the cop. You always lose. Even if you’re right, you still lose.

Don’t be a Lance.

Raiyn and Davis Sharp like this.
  2. BGood

BGood Well-Known Member

:rofl: You made my rainy my day feel better, thanks :rofl:

Last edited: Jul 1, 2019
  3. Davis Sharp

Davis Sharp Well-Known Member

Sheesh. Some people.

4. Raiyn

Raiyn Well-Known Member

She saw him coming a mile away. She was expecting exactly the B.S. she got. It probably would have been far worse if the kids hadn't been there because he wouldn't have the filter.
    Been on the books for decades. Why do you think those "KC" covers were so popular in the early 80's?
    https://www.winonadailynews.com/new...cle_1db1ecb0-cd86-5359-a6c1-ef8d5cb2f719.html
    "If a vehicle with auxiliary lamps is driven on a public highway, the lamps do not need to be covered if they are within the height requirements of the law. That law states that these lamps must be mounted on the front of a vehicle at a height not less than 16 inches or more than 42 inches above the level surface upon which the vehicle stands.Those outside of the height requirements, including yours, must be completely covered with an opaque material that does not allow light to pass through.

The vehicle is allowed a combination of headlamps and auxiliary lamps, not to exceed four lights illuminated at one time.

The law also states that each lamp must be aimed and used upon approaching another vehicle so that no part of the high-intensity portion of the beam will be directed on the road surface to the left of the center of the vehicle, nor more than 100 feet ahead of the vehicle upon which such lamps are mounted."
    You're right though, if your buddy had played it cool and respectful, and not played the screaming New Yorker card (that he advertised all over his vehicle) he might have gotten off with a warning. He reaped what he sowed.

To help further integrate yourself, you might want to watch this (somewhat tongue in cheek) video:

or don't, whatever. :cheers:

5. Otto99

Otto99 Well-Known Member

You bet!

6. Davis Sharp

Uff da (Minnesotan for "Oy veh")
    :)

7. Cenz

Cenz Active Member

8. Otto99

Otto99 Well-Known Member

Ish da as well.

Davis Sharp likes this.
  9. Biddlin

Biddlin Well-Known Member

Well....
    One night last May it was wet and windy here. Around 10 pm I got a call from one of my kids needing a ride home after their car broke down so I did the dad thing and got them home safely. On my way home I encountered a DUI checkpoint. I pulled in the chute and waited for a cop to come up to the window. A young lady officer waved me into the "test" lane and I happily went over. Then Barney Fife arrived. "Have you had anything to drink this evening, sir?" Nope. "Are you taking any prescription medications?" Yeah, an eye drop. "Would you step out of the car sir?" OK, but I'll need my cane."You use a cane to walk sir?" Resisting the urge to list a litany of other possibilities, "Yes, I have multiple musculature and bone issues."
    "Alright sir, I'd like to reach in and get your cane for you." Nope, I don't need the help.
    "Sit right there and put your hands on the wheel, sir, I gonna have to call my sergeant."
    Suddenly this 67 year-old guy is a threat because I don't want anyone reaching in my car.
    This is quickly followed by a fortyish out of shape sergeant giving me the old just cooperate and we'll be out of here speech. I responded that I was cooperating and that he was violating my rights under ADA. About this time the real guy in charge showed up. "Mr. *****, is there a problem?"
    There is now that I've been held up here almost 40 minutes. My bladder ain't what it used to be.
    He obviously noticed that I didn't stink of drink or weed and asked the officer why he wanted to test me? "His uncooperative attitude and glassy eyes." The senior cop shined his light in my eyes. "Lens implants?" Yup, that's what the eyedrops are for. Couldn't help myself, as I pulled away I stopped for a second by Barney and said "Must be pretty cold and wet out there. Glad It's you and not me."

Stuart, soulman969 and Davis Sharp like this.
  10. Davis Sharp

Followed by, "Is that marijuana I smell."

I watch snippets of COPS and some YouTube videos, and it's funny how often they "smell" marijuana.

11. RTH

RTH Moderator Staff Member

I like how he tried to play the victim card. LMAO.

Raiyn likes this.
  12. RTH

RTH Moderator Staff Member

I like how he tried to play the victim card. LMAO.

13. Cenz

Cenz Active Member

Tried posting a pic of the Jeep last night but I couldn’t get it to resize on my phone.

The offending upper light has been removed. It looks like it’s a bracket and the light just slides in and out of it with quick connect plugs.

He’s still on the warpath about the tickets.

He really said this when I saw him last night.

L: These cops have to anti-Semitic. She pulled me over for no reason

Me:

That’s right. I got nothing.

14. Davis Sharp

You mentioned all the off-road mods. Does he take the jeep off-road?

15. Cenz

Cenz Active Member

No. Total showboat. I’ll try to get pics of it again and see if I can get them to post

There’s probably 20 offroad/
    ATV/snowmobile trails within a 10 mile radius of my house.

Raiyn likes this.
  16. Davis Sharp

Well, there it is. The trooper saw all the lights and guards, but not a speck of dirt, and figured that he could afford the ticket. :)

Raiyn likes this.
  17. Cozmik Cowboy

Cozmik Cowboy Active Member

"Your eyes are kind of red; have you been smoking weed?"
    "Why, no officer. Your eyes are kind of glazed; have you been eating doughnuts?"

And if they bring out the dog, be aware that the pup is trained not only to give a response to the smell of dope, but also to give the same response to a signal from the handler.

soulman969 and Davis Sharp like this.
  18. Cenz

Cenz Active Member

936134AC-76A8-4EF1-B10D-60DB5172BDAA.jpeg The offending vehicle

19. BGood

BGood Well-Known Member

Don't need to see what Lance looks like ...

Cenz likes this.
  20. Raiyn

Raiyn Well-Known Member

That just screams "pull this frat boy poseur over". He's still got ticket bait with front LED bar too. I'm also surprised she didn't ding him for his tint too. That's way too dark to be legal in MN.

• No vehicles are allowed to have any window tint on the front windshield.
    • Passenger vehicles can have up to 50 percent window tint on all side and rear windows.
    • Trucks, vans and SUV’s are allowed to have up to 50 percent tint on their front side windows. There are no tint restrictions on rear side and rear windows for these vehicles.
    • Limousines, police cars and hearses are not limited by tint restrictions.
    Also, remember that most vehicles have some sort of built-in tint on new vehicles. Most vehicles are designed to let in about 75 percent of light before any modifications are made, so you need to keep this in mind if you are going to have your windows tinted.

Exceptions
    There is one notable exception to Minnesota’s tinting law, and that’s if you have medical clearance from a doctor. For example, some people are prone to migraines if they are exposed to intense lighting, so Minnesota law allows those individuals to have their windows tinted beyond normal regulation if they receive medical clearance. Here are the guidelines for receiving medical clearance for excessive window tinting.

• You have to have a prescription or document from your doctor that shows there is direct medical need to have your windows tinted beyond an acceptable range.
    • The document must state the minimum percentage of light transmittance that would satisfy the patient’s medical needs, i.e. 30 percent light transmittance or 70 percent tint.
    • The driver must have this document with them at all times they are driving, otherwise they may receive a ticket, even if they have medical clearance. Proof is required at every traffic stop.
    • The document must have an expiration date that is no more than two years after the document or prescription was issued.
    • Even if you have this clearance, don’t be surprised if you are pulled over more often because officers can usually tell when a window is illegally tinted. This is also why it’s so important to have your document of medical clearance on you at all times.

50% Tint is much lighter than the 28% front 20% rear we're allowed in Florida. I'm pretty sure his tint wouldn't pass muster down here either.
    Tint1.jpg
    That's 32% front 22% rear by the way. Done where the local cops get their squads tinted.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2019
    Cenz likes this.