Show your Amps...

Discussion in 'Tone Zone' started by Paruwi, Jan 21, 2015.

1. Paruwi

Paruwi Kraut-Rocker Staff Member

I still have this 'Monster-amp' from the 80s.....

one of the great sounding Marshall SS amps

MR-5213-1.JPG MR-5213-2.JPG

2. BGood

BGood Well-Known Member

Does look monstrous ... ishhh.

I'll go the other way with my so small you could lose it Vox MV50 Boutique. I like it's Nutube technology. It does sound like a ... tube. I also got a Vox Stomplab to spice it. Great duo they make.

2019-11-23 Vox MV50 Boutique + Stomplab.jpg

3. BGood

BGood Well-Known Member

Oh ... and there's this one.

The Blue Valvetronix Amp

The first Valvetronix to be released were the AD60/120VT, (followed by the AD120VTH - head) in July 2001. Specifically designed as gigging amps, these hybrid amps were a revolution in tonal quality from previous modelling amps because of the unique 'valve reactor' circuitry that Vox had developed, which utilised valves working with the digital modelling. Combined with quality effects from Korg, it was a superb amp that delivered tone & touch response that was closer to an all-valve amp than had arguably been developed previously by any other modelling amp manufacturer.

VOX AD60VT.jpg

AD60VT top controls.jpg

AD60VT back controls.jpg

4. Fullmoon 1971

Fullmoon 1971 Well-Known Member

Picture of my Blackstar HT-5th Anniversary combo has disappeard so I'll repost

Blackstar HT-5TH (Limited Edition 5th Anniversary 2x10 Combo)
    [​IMG]

5. Brian Krashpad

Brian Krashpad Active Member

Herr Peter: Danke fur die foto.

I am not very knowledgeable about Marshall amplifiers. I have a couple questions about this Marshall 5213.

1. Is the footswitch for this amp a single-button pedal? That is what I have read. I bought a single-button footswitch for mine.

2. Also, I have read that it is possible to use the footswitch to toggle back and forth between 2 different overdrive/distortion sounds. However, I have not been able to figure out how to do this (despite having downloaded the old Marshall spec sheet/instructions, which are not at all clear to me). With my 1-button pedal, I have figured out how to choose clean or dirty, not 2 different levels of dirt. Is it possible to use the footswitch to toggle back and forth between 2 different overdrive/distortion sounds? If so, how?

Thank you in advance if you can help with either or both of the above questions! I know the second one may be difficult to explain to someone who doesn't know much about Marshalls. As to that second question, remember that Ich bein ein dumbkopf!

Danke schön!

P.S.-- obviously, I don't actually speak German (my legal last name is Krüger, but unfortunately that has not gifted me with any inherent understanding of my forefathers' native language)

6. Paruwi

Paruwi Kraut-Rocker Staff Member

this is how the orig FS looks like (just with channel instead of boost)
    [​IMG]

No, this isn't possible (to my knowledge)

The 5213 actually has a seperate third channel, back then it was advertised to use this for an acoustic-electric guitar or even a microphone....:D

I've used the 3rd channel via an AB-box for another clean sound

I'll add an user-manual as a PDF

BTW, Your 'German' isn't that bad :thumb:

Attached Files:

7. SirMilo

SirMilo Member

8. reelaroundthefountain

reelaroundthefountain Member

omg I played a AC15VR (Valve Reactor) recently that was so good I thought it was a C1 at first, if it’s still there this weekend I’m buying that thing.

BGood likes this.
  9. reelaroundthefountain

reelaroundthefountain Member

my darlin’s, 95 JTM 30 original speaker, 76 Peavey Classic 50 2x12 with Vintage 30s (HEAVY AS SHIT) but I love it nonetheless.
    5D84AC15-C877-449F-8E1E-6AC6C2ECAE08.jpeg 9C13233E-B3A9-40A4-912B-4150A390D8F2.jpeg

Paruwi likes this.
  10. Suz

Suz New Member

My brand spanking new Vox Mini5......

Attached Files:

Paruwi likes this.