The instructions said.....

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by JurnyWannaBe, Sep 4, 2019.

1. JurnyWannaBe

JurnyWannaBe New Member

The instructions said drop by and say hello, so, here I am. I'm fairly active over on Squier-Talk. So I kinda have a clue how things work.
    Right now I have 2 Squier Standard Strats that are playable. I have an Affinity Strat that's in the middle of a re-build.
    In the last month or so, I've come to relaize that I really want a Les Paul. I've tried many times to make a Strat sound like a LP.....with less than spectacular results.
    Having said that.....here's my 1st question about Epi's. How do the different EPI LP models break down quality wise? I'm hoping to find one of good quality in say the $200.00 range.

Stuart and Shadow Explorer like this.
  2. Paruwi

Paruwi Kraut-Rocker Staff Member

Hi,
    Welcome here @ €piTalk

you'll see some 'familar' names here.....

:wave:

Caddy and JurnyWannaBe like this.
  3. Davis Sharp

Davis Sharp Well-Known Member

Hi Jurny, welcome to Epi-Talk.

The SLs get mixed reviews, but there's probably not a bad guitar from $149 and up. If you're thinking about a 2nd hand guitar, post some pics just to check if it's counterfeit (hint: if the serial # starts with EE and the letters are in a bigger font than the numbers, it could be a fake).

4. BGood

BGood Well-Known Member

Hey JurnyWannaBe, good to have you here. If you're like me, you'll first end up with more Epihpone than Squier and eventually, with no Squier at all.

Let's see,
    First are the bolt necks: Specials 1 and 2 and LP 100
    Then the set neck Standard and after that a bunch of either better ones or blingier ones, all set necks. Oh yes, there are also single cuts and double cuts.

Wanna spend a night browsing what it's about ? Look this up.
    http://www.epiphonewiki.org/index/Main_Page.php

If you see one that tickles you, show it to us, we'll gladly advise you.

JurnyWannaBe and Paruwi like this.
  5. Shadow Explorer

Shadow Explorer Well-Known Member

With that kind of money, I would buy use as well. Have your eyes open and a good deal will show up!

JurnyWannaBe likes this.
  6. Caddy

Caddy Well-Known Member

Four or five years ago I found a used (like new) 2014 Traditional Pro on CL that had had Gibson pickups installed for $300 including the stock pickups and Epi HSC. The Gibson pups were hotter than I like so replaced them with a set of '59's I had on hand. Sold the Gibson's for $100 the next day. So bottom line , $200 for the guitar and HSC. Great guitar, BTW.

JurnyWannaBe, BGood and Paruwi like this.
  7. Stuart

Stuart Well-Known Member

Welcome Aboard from Sydney Australia JWB :wave:

JurnyWannaBe likes this.