Wanted: Gibson 57 classic pup

Discussion in 'Non-Epiphone Classifieds' started by egomonkee, Jul 14, 2017.

1. egomonkee

egomonkee New Member

Looking for a pup to put in the bridge of my epi LP standard. I have one in the neck, and want to swap my dirty fingers pup for another 57 classic.

2. Raiyn

Raiyn Well-Known Member

Why not go 57+?

3. egomonkee

egomonkee New Member

Hey Raiyn!

Honestly I'm not sure what the difference is. I already have a 57 classic neck pickup in my LP and so I was just gonna even them out.

4. Raiyn

Raiyn Well-Known Member

You could do that, but the 57+ has just a little more "horsepower" when you want it.

I'd originally planned for a 57 / 57+ set in my G400, then it was the Seymour Duncan '59 / '59 Hybrid set, then the S.D. "Whole Lotta Humbucker" set..... I was driving myself nuts.

Finally I just said *censored* and decided to do my own thing. I went completely left field and put in a set of Carvin S22 J & B pickups hooked to a pair of Seymour Duncan Triple Shot rings.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2017
    The Convert likes this.
  5. Scootermuppet

Scootermuppet Well-Known Member

I have the 57 / 57+ combo in my LP Tribute + and it definitely gives a bit more oomph when you switch to the Bridge :D

Should be a good match for an SG too...

The Convert and Raiyn like this.
  6. The Convert

The Convert Active Member

I have 57/57+ in my LP standard and the matched SD "blues" 59/59 set in my G-400 SG. The 59s are fine pickups and sound good, but the 57s are amazing to my ears and taste. And yes, the 57+ bridge is just the right kick over a great sounding pickup.