Where’s Lancpudin?

Discussion in 'The Backstage' started by Digger, Jan 29, 2018.

1. Lancpudn

Lancpudn Well-Known Member

Good news if it's something as simple as getting more salt into your system Digger, There's been an outcry on the national news over here lately regarding statins where a Senior Cardiologist has just stated that prescribing Statins has been a “public health disaster”.

I was left home alone yesterday as my missus & daughter went over to bandit country (Yorkshire) :thumb: to visit the beautiful market town of Knaresborough & Mother shiptons cave by the river Nidd........and had the cheek to say as they were leaving that I need to be in as there's a big parcel delivery due :shock:

[​IMG]

Stuart likes this.
  2. Digger

Digger Well-Known Member

I came off statins recently because it could have been a cause for cramping. I’ve replaced it with an older drug as I just need to lower my cholesterol just a tiny bit more than I am unmedicated, because I have diabetes.

We had a big expose on statins here a couple of years ago and it was an eye opener. Lots of negatives often outweighing the benefits.

Here doctors get all sorts of trips and kick backs for prescribing certain drugs and I think statins are one of the worst for kick backs.

You should be able to trust doctors to prescribe for the right reasons.

For research You Tube “Heart of the Matter" Catalyst ABC Parts 1 & 2..very controversial. I couldn’t link it sorry.

Lancpudn likes this.
  3. Otto99

Otto99 Well-Known Member

The first statin I was on made me ache all over, and it turned out one of my diuretics was adding to the discomfort. Changed the statin, modified the dose of the diuretic, and now it’s just normal old dude aches and pains. I hope, anyway.

Lancpudn likes this.
  4. Digger

Digger Well-Known Member

Speaking of aches and pains, we got a latex mattress topper for our firm bed last week and I haven’t had a sign of pain at night since!

I just slept 9 1/2 hours without waking or even going to the toilet.

Bloody lovely!

Lancpudn and Stuart like this.
  5. Otto99

Otto99 Well-Known Member

Bastard! I was up four times last night, but we were doing a three day outdoor festival, and I drank a lot of water, as one must.

Digger likes this.
  6. Raiyn

Raiyn Well-Known Member

Must be nice, I've got this wretched sore throat and cough. I've been taking zinc tabs and pineapple juice like bloody communion over here!

7. Digger

Digger Well-Known Member

Sorry Greg but surely it’s my turn?

8. Lancpudn

I had statins prescribed a few years ago but after all the bad publicity about them I never really took them!
    I feel so rough through much of the day with my back I cant really tell if any other meds works any more.

Off to take mam to the clinic to get her dressing changed on her leg then I've taking Mam & sister to Bolton train station to catch their train to Llandudno north Wales.
    It's 12 months since Dad died so my Sister is taking her away for a few days holiday to take her mind off it.

I think the weather is going to be wet wet wet though. :frown:

Looks like I've got a mice problem in the garage :frown: I was in their yesterday sharpening the lawn edging shears & our older cat appeared behind me with a mouse.
    I threw it away & went inside to watch the Italian F1 and I'd no sooner sat down when she appeared at the conservatory door with another one. :rolleyes:

[​IMG]

Raiyn likes this.
  9. Otto99

Otto99 Well-Known Member

Indeed it is, and don’t mind me, just jealous! I do know the pure splendor of an uninterrupted slumber, and it occasionally happens.

Digger likes this.
  10. Otto99

Otto99 Well-Known Member

Great race! LeClerc is the real deal!

Lancpudn likes this.
  11. Raiyn

Raiyn Well-Known Member

She must think you're a terrible hunter, bringing you "food" offerings like that.

Lancpudn likes this.
  12. Lancpudn

Yes definitely, he was under pressure from both Mercedes the entire and dealt with it, I think Vettel's days as # 1 are numbered.

13. Lancpudn

LOL At least this time she didn't bring one back and let it go in the house :D

14. Raiyn

Raiyn Well-Known Member

She's just trying to train you, like she would a wee kitten. :cheers:

Lancpudn likes this.
  15. Lancpudn

Proper miserable rainy day here, It'll be train driving duties today, My wifes mate is paying her a visit and I need to make myself scarce! She can talk a donkey to sleep :shock: barely stops to catch her breath if you know what I mean :thumb:
    My ears cant take it. :rofl:

16. Digger

Digger Well-Known Member

I did a bit of work today but asthma had me gasping before long so that was the end of that for now.

We picked up a new LPG gas oven & hotplates this arvo so we’ll take it down to the caravan tomorrow and try and find a builder to do some cabinet work for the installation. We have our plumber lined up for the connections.

I’m only taking basic tools so I can’t so much for 3 days and we will come home Monday.

17. Lancpudn

Well mams holiday didn't go to plan! I had to pick them up from the railway station as the hotel they'd booked turned out to be filthy :wow: My sister said the rooms stunk of it having been recently fumigated and noticed the grubby torn bedding was full of bed bugs :shock:
    the carpets & furniture were covered in white flea powder and the bedding they replaced was full of micro droppings from fleas:ohno:
    They booked a month in advance for gluten free meals but nobody told the kitchens so they went to reception to get their money back but they refused saying you'll need to put in a complaint & wait 28 days !!!
    They booked a night in another hotel and came home the following day.

You would have thought the hotel would be happy to reimburse them as not to get bad reviews with video & picture evidence of the state of the place, this hotel is not a cheap doss house either.

18. Raiyn

Raiyn Well-Known Member

Light them up. They've earned no quarter.

Lancpudn likes this.
  19. Digger

Digger Well-Known Member

That's terrible, puts me off going to Wales!

Speaking of going, were off to Mallacoota today as the new gas stove came in yesterday so we're takin it down.

Roz is coming for a few days too so it should be fun.

Lancpudn likes this.
  20. Otto99

Otto99 Well-Known Member

Agreed! Rally your online villagers! It’s time for pitchforks and torches!

Lancpudn and Raiyn like this.