Where’s Lancpudin?

Discussion in 'The Backstage' started by Digger, Jan 29, 2018.

1. Raiyn

Raiyn Well-Known Member

They don't offer a loaner car, or courtesy shuttle? What kind of stealership are they running?

Lancpudn likes this.
  2. Lancpudn

Lancpudn Well-Known Member

LOL He's a one man affair who does a fantastic job but doesn't do courtesy cars.
    I'm paying out of my own pocket for these repairs :frown: as it's cheaper than going through the insurance.

I took the train and picked it up yesterday afternoon and he's done a flawless paint job :cool:

[​IMG]

I booked it in with him again for next Monday to get the outer wheel arch plastic trim piece repaired as Kia wanted £144 for that :wow: I said nah mate I ain't paying that price for a piece of plastic.:D

The week after that it goes in for it's annual Kia service and I think I'll book a courtesy car for that as the walk to the train station from their place is too much for me these days :yesway:

Raiyn likes this.
  3. Raiyn

Raiyn Well-Known Member

Ahh, see I was under the impression that it was the stealership that you went to. SWMBO drops off our car at the mechanic's and Uber's the rest of the way to work.

Lancpudn likes this.
  4. Lancpudn

I booked a courtesy car with them for the day which they charge £10/day. I'll be able to try out my 0-60 times & hand brake turns to keep me occupied :thumb::rofl:

Raiyn likes this.
  5. Raiyn

Raiyn Well-Known Member

As we all know, and has been demonstrated by Jeremy Clarkson, rental cars are the fastest in the world. Time to get your WRC practice in!

Lancpudn likes this.
  6. Digger

Digger Well-Known Member

Also great for pulling tree stumps!!

Raiyn and Lancpudn like this.
  7. Lancpudn

A team of wild horses wont drag me away from the front of the gas fire today, It's freezing outside, I've just been out to put some rubbish in the bins and the wheelie bin lids are frozen shut.

8. Lancpudn

If it's icy on the day I can try my drifting skills too. :thumb:

9. Lancpudn

It's foggy & cold in my Train Sim World game too :thumb: I've got the heater on full blast on this BR class 47.:D

10. Digger

Digger Well-Known Member

Just as we were about to get ready to head to the opening of an art show last night, Gael had incredible pains in her lower back. Couldn’t stand up! It persisted so she hand passed the opening speeches to Carolyn her VP and I took her to casualty.

The pain eased and after 7 hours at the hospital including a CT scan we still don’t know what the problem was. Doing her obs they found her BP was over the moon, 214/106 sort of area, so we spent the time with them trying to get it down. I came home and went to bed finally at 12.30am when they said she was going to be admitted overnight and then at 1.30 she phoned me to say that they were sending her home! So not much sleep last night and I will check her BP this morning and take her to her GP if it’s still high.

The CT scan was to check her aorta as that can be the source of the symptoms she had. It came back clear thankfully.

So my darling will be having a quiet day today, art show or no!

Lancpudn and Raiyn like this.
  11. Lancpudn

Yikes! I hope Gael gets back to good health soon mate, that sounds really painful. The Aorta was on the triple 'A' check up I had a couple of months ago at the clinic.

Digger likes this.
  12. Digger

Digger Well-Known Member

Thanks mate, I was particularly concerned because her dad died from a burst aneurysm. It was good to get the all clear! Glad your’s was OK too Ian.

Anyway she went back to bed about 11 am and slept until 4 pm and got up all chirpy. Her BP had resumed almost normal levels. She sees her GP tomorrow, so see where that takes us. She turns 75 today and we’re having a dinner with a group of friends tonight.

I ordered a robotic vac online yesterday after failing to find anything I could afford in town yesterday morning. If it makes vacuuming a little easier for her then it will be a good acquisition.

I went in early to deploy directing signs from both approaches to the art show and made the mistake of going in and looking at the display. It is an excellent art show and has received acclaim from judges and dignitaries alike. The painting that won the show has taken my eye and if it hasn’t sold today I may buy it.

13. Digger

Digger Well-Known Member

Gael had a lovely birthday yesterday! I had seen a painting I love at the art show, in fact it was first in show!

I bought it for her yesterday because we both love it.

It’s called Tambo Bay, a place I know well from boating here in the Gippsland lakes. It’s a water colour and is extremely well executed, and atmospheric, showing a large storm approaching on the water. Literally the calm before a storm!

Notice our swans here are black!
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 2, 2019
    Raiyn and Lancpudn like this.
  14. Lancpudn

I can understand why you bought it mate, that's a cracking watercolour painting. :cool:

It's freezing here, the council gritting lorries are out & pavements being salted, I'm just back from taking the car in for the plastic wheel arch trim repair, The cars dashboard was warning all four tyres were under pressure on the way there :confused: all seemed OK to me, must be the cold weather!.
    Even the trains were delayed & some cancelled because of ice as far as I could tell what the station announcer was saying:dunno:
    Standing room only on the way back.:frown:

Digger likes this.
  15. Digger

Digger Well-Known Member

I didn’t know you guys still spread salt for tyre adhesion.

That was happening as far back as ‘64.

16. Otto99

Otto99 Well-Known Member

They do it here, too, although generally the trend is spray a saline solution rather than salt chunks. On the interstates, they use both as well as cinders.

17. Digger

Digger Well-Known Member

Our cinders come from houses and trees~

18. Raiyn

Raiyn Well-Known Member

They were probably spot on. For every 10 degrees you lose 1-2 psi of pressure.

19. Lancpudn

Yeah they still use Grit salt, I live on a bus route so that gets gritted overnight as soon as the temps get down to 1-2C.

There are a few council authorities across the country that are trying out a Brine solution on icy roads, I haven't seen them trying that here yet!

20. Lancpudn

Yeah I think you are right, there is no visible sign of them deflating or anything like that. I was looking on youtube last night and this guy had a snap-on device that married the sensors up to the cars computer again, It's going in for service on Friday so I'll mention it to them.

The repair guy did a great job on the plastic wheel arch trim, you cant tell it was damaged.