Started doing some slashing yesterday and when I got to the back boundary there were 2 thick tree trunks across the track cutting access off. (Bugger!) It’s been incredibly windy here lately! I figured if I approached from the other end I might be able to push them out with the tractor bucket but it didn’t work. My rear neighbour had cut them off on his side but they got tangled in the wire fence! Being so tight in there backing out wasn’t an option so I walked back to the shed to and grabbed a chainsaw, a return trip of 400 metres up hill one way. Once I had the trees cut into 4’ sections they were almost too heavy for me to drag to the side, but I got the tractor out. As I had the chainsaw I cut up a bucket of dry wood and added to the splitting heap on the way back. That was enough for me yesterday. I’ve replaced both batteries in the boat, one a deep cycle the other an ordinary car battery albeit small as it only needs to run a fish finder. When I bought the small battery I didn’t notice that the posts were much smaller than a conventional one so I need to head in and find some small clamps to connect things up with. I need to jack the trailer and and check wheel bearings and do a number of other things in readiness for the season. Always something to do here!