Where’s Lancpudin?

Discussion in 'The Backstage' started by Digger, Jan 29, 2018.

1. Digger

Digger Well-Known Member

Started doing some slashing yesterday and when I got to the back boundary there were 2 thick tree trunks across the track cutting access off. (Bugger!) It’s been incredibly windy here lately!

I figured if I approached from the other end I might be able to push them out with the tractor bucket but it didn’t work. My rear neighbour had cut them off on his side but they got tangled in the wire fence!

Being so tight in there backing out wasn’t an option so I walked back to the shed to and grabbed a chainsaw, a return trip of 400 metres up hill one way. Once I had the trees cut into 4’ sections they were almost too heavy for me to drag to the side, but I got the tractor out.

As I had the chainsaw I cut up a bucket of dry wood and added to the splitting heap on the way back.

That was enough for me yesterday.

I’ve replaced both batteries in the boat, one a deep cycle the other an ordinary car battery albeit small as it only needs to run a fish finder. When I bought the small battery I didn’t notice that the posts were much smaller than a conventional one so I need to head in and find some small clamps to connect things up with.

I need to jack the trailer and and check wheel bearings and do a number of other things in readiness for the season.

Always something to do here!

Lancpudn likes this.
  2. Lancpudn

Lancpudn Well-Known Member

Your place certainly keeps you busy digger, I haven't been out in my garden for months, It would turn into a mud bath if I wanted to do some gardening work on it.
    I haven't even raked up the fallen Autumn leaves yet as the lawns are so sodden.
    I'll have a ton of moss in the lawns to deal with next year again. :frown:

3. Digger

Digger Well-Known Member

Certainly is Ian, you’d think we live at opposite ends of the earth really wouldn’t you~

The back of my property most plants are dead! Rows and rows of things I've grown from seed or cuttings are just dead now. I should take some photos to show you how bad it is.

Lancpudn likes this.
  4. Lancpudn

It must be sad watching the plants die off like that mate, speaking of which! I'll be in bother with the missus!
    I took two plants (an avocado plant & a aloe vera plant) into the greenhouse to re-pot in late September and forgot them :facepalm:
    They're stone cold dead with the frost & ice :facepalm:

Digger likes this.
  5. Digger

Digger Well-Known Member

We always have an Aloe Vera or 2 about as they are the best thing for burns. Sadly they have gone to God too.

This morning I have an early appointment with the dentist to see what to do about my 3 loose front teeth after which we are chucking stuff in the car and heading for Mallacoota to join 3 other couples, all close friends.

Yesterday a new family member arrived home. She will stay with us now, hopefully for a long time. “Debbie" is a robotic vacuum and early indications are she will do a great job here!

We blew a bit of cash on kitchen things for the caravan and later on ordered a new lounge suite consisting of a couch and 2 recliners. Expensive day!

6. Lancpudn

Cool, Does it look like Robert the Robot from Fireball XL5? :thumb:

[​IMG]

7. Digger

Digger Well-Known Member

Yeah a bit like that only smaller and round...white too!

It seldom says “Warning Will Robinson” though which is disappointing.

Lancpudn likes this.
  8. Digger

Digger Well-Known Member

Currently at Mallacoota enjoying the good life with 6 of our friends! (and Bell)

9. Otto99

Otto99 Well-Known Member

Our pugs would freak over a Roomba, so we could only run it at night. I like the idea, though. And I’d want it to have the voice of Majel Barrett, the voice of the computer on Star Trek.

Digger and Lancpudn like this.
  10. Lancpudn

The Kia guys at Bolton service centre said the cars in fine fettle apart from both rear tyres have two nails/screws in each tyre, That might account for the low pressure warning lights on the dash the other day.:frown:
    A neighbour had a puncture last week too, must be the kids throwing them around in the service road at the back :frown:
    I'll have a walk around the service road later to see if I can see any more, trouble is it's nearly always wet and you cant see them.
    Carpet shampooing duties later & the missus says she will shampoo the suite, wet bums by the sound of it lol, I think I'll retire to my den. :thumb:

11. Digger

Digger Well-Known Member

Bella seemed OK with the vac until just after we put her tea in the laundry it headed in there and she was out like a shot, leaving the food! It takes a lot to separate a Border Collie from a feed!

12. Lancpudn

I'll be home alone today as my Missus is going to the 'Skipton market' up in the Dales with her friends from the weight watchers slimming club. http://welcometoskipton.com/item/Yuletide-Festival-and-Christmas--Market

Hopefully she'll bring back some of that delicious farmers market bacon & sausages.

I shall be in front of the fire driving trains as the weather is miserable.

13. Raiyn

Raiyn Well-Known Member

Lancpudn likes this.
  14. Lancpudn

15. Raiyn

Raiyn Well-Known Member

We must travel in different circles, I've seen my share of them around mechanic's shops. I just wish more roofers had them on their trucks. There's even a bumper mount version.

Lancpudn likes this.
  16. Lancpudn

What a great idea attaching one to a truck, I live in the back waters here Raiyn, We're usually the last people to see new stuff like this:thumb:. People here still go OOooo! when you switch an electric light on. :D

I need to get my car booked in to get the back tyres repaired but I don't think I'll venture out in this weather, they're not deflating so they can wait a while.:yesway:

17. Lancpudn

Hmmmm!!! Look what my missus bagged at the local supermarket for 4 Quid yesterday:dude: A huge pork shoulder joint. They were just putting reduced priced stickers on meat joints as she got to the counter.
    It will last us all week. :thumb:[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Raiyn likes this.
  18. Digger

Digger Well-Known Member

Big day in the UK today!
    (not intended to provoke a discussion about UK politics)

19. Lancpudn

Yep polling day across the UK, It's cold & bucketing down here so expect a low turnout, I voted two weeks ago by postal vote.

Today is d-day for the new train sim world Brighton, Eastbourne,Seaford route so I'll be driving the class BR 377 Turbostar in my new British Rail T-shirt

[​IMG] LOL Sad Git or what. :rofl:

My missus was putting the Christmas tree up yesterday & the cats are doing everything in their power to climb & topple it :facepalm:

When I came downstairs this morning there are baubles & reindeer toys all over the floor :frown:

vomer likes this.
  20. Lancpudn

I've still not got around to taking the Niro in for those puncture repairs, both local tyre garages are short staffed & wont allow you to book it in for a specific time so I'll just keep topping the tyre pressure up with the compressor in the garage for now.
    I've got better things to do (driving trains in front of a warm fire :dude:) than to hang around a freezing cold garage. :thumb:

vomer likes this.