Where’s Lancpudin?

Discussion in 'The Backstage' started by Digger, Jan 29, 2018.

1. Stuart

Stuart Well-Known Member

I like my cars like I like my guitars (but thankfully not my women)... Older & Korean ;)

Raiyn likes this.
  2. Raiyn

Raiyn Well-Known Member

Dated a Korean girl (adopted) in High School. We "watched" a lot of Pauly Shore movies.

Bloo's a Hoosier by the way, 2nd generation at that!

Last edited: Apr 11, 2019
  3. Lancpudn

Lancpudn Well-Known Member

It was a glorious day here yesterday, sunny & a high of 9C so as I'd not started or drove the Rover 75 in over six months it was time to give it a wash & drive just to keep everything freed off.
    I have a Linux Solus Mate OS on one of my desktop computers and wanted to try out the Pitivi video editor on it so I shot a short video of a daft old bugger washing his car. :shock::D

4. Digger

Digger Well-Known Member

Roof racks are handy for your surf board I guess?

Lancpudn likes this.
  5. Lancpudn

lol We use them as ironing boards here, no other use for them unless you want to freeze yer gonads off in the mucky sea here :rofl:

6. Lancpudn

Bugger!!! I couldn't resist! :ohno: that damn Train Sim World game are having a Spring sale and the BR Service I was wanting is 30% off so I bit :shock: I said I wasn't going to get any more for a while but the graphics on this Northern trans-Pennine Manchester to Leeds route are just superb.:cool:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Stuart likes this.
  7. Raiyn

Raiyn Well-Known Member

At least it's better than smoking - that's what I tell SWMBO when I buy something "frivolous" . :cheers:

Lancpudn likes this.
  8. Digger

Digger Well-Known Member

Good day yesterday!

Had all the lights in my farm shed replaced with LED lighting and now I can see! Bloody beauty mate!

Gonna cost an arm & a leg but I’m sick of having poor light when I’m trying to do things there.

Son In Law Grant came and did the fishfinder install in my boat for me and did a fantastic job. I’ll get a photo later when it’s light and I go out.

Almost looks too flash for my little tin boat!

[​IMG]

This morning we had 3 big Roos look like they were coming in a for a cuppa!

Pulled up just near the patio! I managed to capture one of them and when he stood full height, he was a BIG boy!
    [​IMG]

Lancpudn and Stuart like this.
  9. Stuart

Stuart Well-Known Member

Broken Hill to Wilcannia then, via Cobar & Nyngan, on to Gilgandra, & clocking over 3000km leading into the home straight on our Big Bogan Adventure... We will drive the final 500 and something clicks to Sydney tomorrow, but in 1915 thirty five blokes commenced walking that route, picking up more than a few mates along the way with their ‘Coo-ee’ call, & helping to define what it means to be Australian in the progress...

667602B1-7E6D-4FD1-9E35-6C0D34856AB2.jpeg
    112C5ECC-062E-45AB-87A5-7A67CE63FC85.jpeg
    22EE13A6-2BFE-4D4A-A588-77AB60D7D676.jpeg
    9A0C93B8-26D1-4E94-9805-98B5DE59FF27.jpeg

Last edited: Apr 13, 2019
    Digger and Lancpudn like this.
  10. Lancpudn

That's some adventure trip Stuart, You've covered more miles on this holiday than I've covered in 10 years :wow:

Stuart likes this.
  11. Lancpudn

You'd better not come home without a feed now Digger with that fantastic piece of tech. :thumb:
    I've never seen a kangeroo, must be special to see one up close to your home. :cool:

Digger likes this.
  12. Digger

Digger Well-Known Member

All the years we’ve lived here Ian we’ve only seen a couple of the property but now that water is so scarce they have come in because there’s still a bit left in our dam. We have thick bush down the back so there is plenty of cover for them too as it’s a bit more built up than they are used to normally.

We’ve had a family of Wallabies here for ages plus there have always been Wombats, lots of Echidnas, and numerous small animals, lizards, frogs etc.

The bird life can be amazing too!

However it is still special to live with Roos like that one. He was a big male, and obviously the other 2 were his family. It’s a thrill to see them here to be honest.

I say that knowing that it’s easy enough to see Kangaroos in this country, but having them on your property for us non farmers is great! Farmers are less likely to be enamoured with wildlife that eats all their grass/crops.

Lancpudn likes this.
  13. Digger

Digger Well-Known Member

Never been to Broken Hill so thanks for the travel journal Stu and we will get there one day I’m sure.

Sadly the caramel macadamias ended last night along with the freckles on steroids, however they were greatly appreciated and much enjoyed thanks.

14. Digger

Digger Well-Known Member

I have to go to Kellie & Grants this arvo to pick up a small commercial van we are borrowing for a pick up run of entries for next weeks art show. A couple of the blokes visit centres in our East Gippsland region picking up and returning art works otherwise the record entry total of 400 paintings would not be possible.

Many are couriered from intestate as well.

The van is manual I understand but I am a very experienced driver, right up to trucks so it shouldn’t be a problem. Not sure about the blokes doing the run though??? Dropping it at my mate Tony’s place as he is one of the blokes doing the collection run.

Dealing with volunteers is fraught! Just yesterday poor Gael was reduced to tears (again) when her already tight schedule for printing the program with all the entries in it, was interrupted yet again. Firstly it was an inept secretary who did half a job setting it out, but forgetting a bunch of sponsors, some major ones too. She had to enlist the last minute help of someone with desktop publishing to correct the omissions! We now have only Monday to get it published but after checking all the toner cartridges last week in anticipation of the big print job, Gael went to change to a fresh cartridge yesterday to find that an empty one had been put in the box and sealed up!

She gets so frustrated that people let her down all the time and she almost has to redo or check every thing done and everything written. It is a major undertaking to organise a huge art show like this and I’ve worried she can get through and pull it off without causing herself damage. She’s an amazing woman though and just doesn’t give up.

Tomorrow I’ll head up early and pick up the needed toner cartridge for her, should have it back to the society by 10 am so they can get this thing printed and move onto the next thing. I’ve been doing as much at home as I can to allow her to do what needs to be done and many mornings she is on the computer just after 5 am and still at it when it’s time for tea.

It’s amazing how much work volunteers do and contribute to a society.

After Easter we will head down to Mallacoota and she can veg. for as long as she wants to.

Lancpudn likes this.
  15. Lancpudn

Sounds like Gael has her work cut out for her with this event Digger, I hope she doesn't over do it.
    I'm doing beggar all again today as this weekend there's the Golf & F1 on TV, besides that wind is too cold for me doing outdoor activities. :thumb:

Digger likes this.
  16. Stuart

Stuart Well-Known Member

Well, we’ve made it back home but, upon checking my Captain’s Log for the Mighty Tucson, it appears that I made a slight error in my distance calculations... We actually travelled 4640km in our 16 day adventure... Not really that many clicks per day (290km), but we stopped very often & saw a great deal across this time :)

Lancpudn likes this.
  17. Digger

Digger Well-Known Member

Its a bloody big country!

A couple of years ago when we went to the Sunshine Coast we did up to 10 hours a day driving.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2019
    Stuart likes this.
  18. Stuart

Stuart Well-Known Member

We missed a whole 4 States & 2 Territories, although at one point we were only a tempting 40km from South Australia...

Digger likes this.
  19. Lancpudn

That's one thing that would freak me out! the enormous size of the country, I'm a small town guy where almost everything is just a stones throw away. :thumb:
    My Kia Niro is 16 months old and I've not done 2000 miles in it yet :rofl:

Digger likes this.
  20. Digger

Digger Well-Known Member

Sorry Ian I meant to reply to your question.

Yes we love having them around here.