Where’s Lancpudin?

Discussion in 'The Backstage' started by Digger, Jan 29, 2018.

1. Lancpudn

Lancpudn Well-Known Member

I did my European elections voting yesterday by postal ballot. still suffering the after effects of getting sunburnt the other day, bad headaches.

2. Digger

Digger Well-Known Member

Thats no good mate!

If you keep feeling crook please go and see about it as it can be quite bad untreated.

Lancpudn likes this.
  3. Lancpudn

I felt lousy for two days after the sunburn but thankfully the headaches abated yesterday afternoon. Looks like I'll be mowing grass today........with my hat on this time. :thumb:

4. Digger

Digger Well-Known Member

Came down to Mallacoota today and it’s clear and cold tonight which is typical of Autumn, nice days though. The town is quiet and along with kids playing on the town oval there was a mob of about 30 Roos grazing about 5 to 10 feet from us.

Flat conditions have bought me down for some boating but I think the fish will be on their way upstream to the shallower warmer waters for breeding and I don’t expect much action out there, to be honest.

It will be nice to cruise around a lovely area though.

Also nice to be away from chainsaws, tractors and mowers for a few days~

Lancpudn likes this.
  5. Lancpudn

I had to laugh this morning! Missus gets the vacuum cleaner out & I said let me empty the plastic cylinder as it was full of dust/cat hair & I'll blow the filters out with the air line in the garage.

As I'M waiting for the compressor to build up air I hear the vacuum cleaner start up :facepalm: & she's vacuuming the carpets without the cylinder on :shock::rofl:
    Her brain cells are diminishing faster than mine :D

6. Raiyn

Raiyn Well-Known Member

There isn't an interlock (a.k.a. idiot) switch? I'd have thought that not having the bin would stop the whole thing.

Lancpudn likes this.
  7. Lancpudn

Nah! it was vacuuming up & blowing the dust straight back out:facepalm: Doesn't end there! she ordered a new cat scratch post doodah as the last one was destroyed, three turned up and she's been billed for three for heavens sake, she never checks anything :frown:

Oh! I wish these guys would stop it!!!! I've just gone nutz with my paypal buying new British Rail routes in the sale. :D https://store.steampowered.com/sale...ail&utm_term=0_e964f3a6f5-e23a90f159-69801715

8. Digger

Digger Well-Known Member

Its called “redistributing” dust & cat hair I think, just trying to get a different look.

The trick is to put the back of the vacuum near an open window~

I took the boat out yesterday for about 3 hours, it was lovely out there and I was hot.

I prospected around but only found a couple small fish which went back. They must be further up the system in the rivers and perhaps I’ll follow them up for a bit tomorrow. It was great zooming around in glassy conditions getting used to new electronics.

I’m sitting out on the deck in my PJ’s typing and it’s cool, but beautiful listening to the bellbirds chiming and the surf in the background. The sensor light on the deck came on a couple of times around 5 and I figure Wallabies or Roos we’re passing close to the deck. Their droppings are all around us. Then there is a big fat Brushtail Possum lives in a tree near the deck that comes down to say G’day to us. Its like a big open air zoo here!

Might do a bit of painting this morning, then take Bell for a walk on the beach, though she wasn’t so keen to get under in the surf yesterday once she felt the temperature ~

We are only a couple of weeks from winter though.

Lancpudn likes this.
  9. Lancpudn

Sounds idyllic there Digger, the boat on calm glassy water sounds like a great day, you'r spoiled for choice with fantastic wildlife there.
    I heard the blackbirds singing their dawn chorus around 4:00am when it starts getting light.
    Lovely to listen to before the hustle & bustle of cars & noise starts.

10. Digger

Digger Well-Known Member

Thanks Ian, health aside, I feel we are very lucky to live the life we live.

General election here today so maybe not quite as lucky by the end of it.

Speaking of wildlife, we had a male Lyrebird running around behind us here yesterday and you don’t see them that often.

Take the day as it comes I think.

Lancpudn likes this.
  11. Digger

Digger Well-Known Member

We have a saying here for going out in the sun. Slip, Slop, Slap!

Slip on a shirt, slop on some sunscreen and slap on a hat.

Lancpudn likes this.
  12. Lancpudn

Wow! Lyre bird, very exotic. are those the birds that can mimic sounds of almost everything.

Digger likes this.
  13. Digger

Digger Well-Known Member

Yes well called!

They can mimic almost anything.

Lancpudn likes this.
  14. Digger

Digger Well-Known Member

After a tumultuous general election here yesterday a big surprise win for the sitting government has rocked the pundits and cost an opposition leader his career.

I’m painting doors today as I did yesterday.

15. Raiyn

Raiyn Well-Known Member

Coming soon:
    [​IMG]

Lancpudn likes this.
  16. Lancpudn

I've been following the election down under & was surprised by the result after the pundits gave Labour a big leading up to the vote.