Where’s Lancpudin?

Discussion in 'The Backstage' started by Digger, Jan 29, 2018.

1. Digger

Digger Well-Known Member

I finally ordered my Makita impact drill kit yesterday!

With advice from Makita I am getting a kit with the most powerful model driver.
    I shopped around the web and located the best price, then took that to Bunnings for their "beat your lowest by 10%” offer saving myself a further $59.

It will take a few days to come in. I also ordered a Coleman rechargeable camping lamp to cover us at the caravan when there are power outages or when we are sitting outside with friends in warmer weather. I used gift cards for that one.

I gots some bits and built my son an FM radio antenna as his reception is crap where he lives. So for a drizzly day I managed to get a few things done.

Chainsaw stuff for me today.

Lancpudn likes this.
  2. Lancpudn

Lancpudn Well-Known Member

OOoo! New tool day, You cant beat getting new tools, I'm jealous. :thumb:

Not much on the cards for me today except making up two hanging baskets with carnation flowers. I likes me some Carnations. :thumb:

3. Lancpudn

I've been having a clear out of the garage & Mancave, I put these 1969 Mercury Cougar tail lights up on Ebay, they were in a job lot of classic car spares I bought in the early 90's. I haven't a clue what price to put on them!!!
    No idea why there are a uneven number of them!!!

[​IMG]

Also selling/sold 6 guitars too :wow: It seemed like a good idea at the time but I'm feeling regretful now :ohno:

They weren't getting used so I sold them on, I still have eight guitars and two bass guitars left. :thumb:

4. Raiyn

Raiyn Well-Known Member

Damn. If only I had the car....

Lancpudn likes this.
  5. Lancpudn

I bought both of the rear quarter panels as well in that deal that had been cut from a scraped car, they were freakin' huge. I sold those quite a while ago & the guy said I'll buy those rear lights as well, but I never heard from him again. :dunno:

6. Raiyn

Raiyn Well-Known Member

Typical story, car's probably all blown apart because that's the easy thing to do - putting it back together is the hard part when it's one guy and it's no longer a "car". Motivation becomes an issue then.

7. Digger

Digger Well-Known Member

I chucked a couple of saws in the bucket yesterday and went down the back and completed back cuts on a 50 footer. Gonna head down with some chains and hopefully pull it apart and maybe drag the remainder out into clearer terrain to complete cutting that sucka up! Don’t much like working in thick bush if I can help it. Nice solid seasoned wood too!

Feels good!

Last edited: Jul 11, 2019
    Lancpudn likes this.
  8. Digger

Digger Well-Known Member

The tree wasn’t as solid as I thought it was once I’d dragged it out with chains!

I did these cuts yesterday and as you can see it’s backing onto a big Wombat hole. [​IMG]

This is what it looked like when I pulled it out, some useful but the centres full of ants, so disappointing.
    [​IMG]

Then I got cheeky and hooked a chain on a big tree beside it and attempted to roll it/drag it out of the channel it had worked itself into.

Here I’d pulled it out of the channel it was in and had daylight under it so I could cut in the clear. I kept the tension and blocked underneath it so it couldn’t roll back to where it was.....gotcha!

[​IMG]

Looking from the other side you can see the channel it was buried in and next I’ll chain the other end and try and pull the whole tree into the clear so I can work on it.
    [​IMG]

Now I just hope there is solid wood in the middle!!!

Lancpudn likes this.
  9. Lancpudn

WoW! Digger mate, no wonder you've got the heavy artillery for that stuff. Great pics of the natural big stuff you're up against. :dude:

I think I'd need to tuck my trousers into my socks when the word "Bush" is mentioned for fear of giant creepy crawlers running amok :wow:

Digger likes this.
  10. Digger

Digger Well-Known Member

Chuckle....exactly what I did Ian!

I had in your terms, long “Wellies” on, with tracksuit legs pulled over them to stop the sawdust filling the boots up. I’m keen to pull the trees out into the clear as I don’t much like putting my hands down into the scrub where I cant see. Much of my cutting is done kneeling as I can’t bend for very long.

I was happy to be able to move something as big as that considering it was bedded into the soil after so long on the ground. I still had low range gearing to resort to as that was in 1st gear high range. I wonder what she will move in low??

That tractor is an invaluable part of my everyday life now.

I’ve left that area of about 4 1/2 acres natural under the trees for all the wildlife that lives here and in the first and second photos you can see the edge of a Wombat hole behind the cut tree, they are massive.

Lancpudn likes this.
  11. Lancpudn

I'm subscribed to another youtube channel where this guy collects old GMC pick up trucks, this guy has a lot of acreage in Oregon and he tows/mows/pulls everything with his Kubota tractor.
    He says the same thing, He couldn't live without it.

Home alone today as my missus & daughter have gone up to Bonny Scotland to see her horse she bought from a stud farm, Still too young to move him away from his mother yet until September.

12. Digger

Digger Well-Known Member

I’ve got an old Kubota that’s been around the clock a couple of times. Still earns its keep!

13. Digger

Digger Well-Known Member

My “girls” have gone off to Melbourne to see the grandkids and so it’s just me and 2 dogs for a couple of days!

At least they don’t complain if I have the music up too loud!

Stuart likes this.
  14. Digger

Digger Well-Known Member

Apart from a variety of other things I “cracked” that big old tree this morning.

I needed to pull it sideways with the chains a bit more but enlisting the aid of my “Farm Boss" (20”) as most cuts required attention from both sides as it was too thick to make it in one go.

I managed 11 rounds which should yield 5 to 6 pieces of firewood and I still have about 30’ or more of the tree to go!

Once that is all spit and on the wood pile, I’m right for dry for the balance of the season and can move back onto next years supply which by comparison will be relatively easy.

[​IMG]

Stuart and Lancpudn like this.
  15. Lancpudn

My neighbour came round last night asking if I've got anything on my CCTV recorder as he heard someone trying his front door & window in the early hours of the morning.

Yep the barsteward was on my property too at 5:05am :mad: presumably trying my door & window too.
    I've checked my windows & door for any signs of damage & thankfully none.

I took a pick of the CCTV monitor with my phone.

[​IMG]

16. Stuart

Stuart Well-Known Member

I know you’ve said previously that their presence is next to non existent, but are you sharing that pic with the Police Ian?

17. Lancpudn

Nah! It's become a pointless endeavour, unless there's a threat to life or limb they wont bother as they don't have the man power any more (their words), they will just just log it and as the insurance companies are privy to these lists the cost of home/car insurance here has sky rocketed.

I ended up giving that fishing tackle that had been stolen & hidden in my garden a few months ago to the charity shop, their response to that was, just put it on facebook local page, or take it to your local police station, I don't do facebook and the three local police stations in my neck o the woods have been closed down.

She had the nerve to suggest to me taking the fishing tackle (over 500 quids worth) to a police station in the next county :shock: I told her it'll be going as far as the local hospice charity shop.

I knew where the police station was there but the car park there has gone to phone app payment only, they've done away with the coin meters :frown:

I don't have a data plan with my mobile phone & I certainly wouldn't be faffing about downloading apps & giving my debit card details in the middle of a car park to park my car there, That's another rant :D what's simpler than putting a few coins in the meter rather than messing about with phones!!! bah humbug.:thumb:

18. Stuart

Stuart Well-Known Member

Lancpudn likes this.
  19. Lancpudn

LMAO :rofl::rofl::rofl: That's amost me! Ask my missus about my bugbear with parking charges

Stuart likes this.
  20. Digger

Digger Well-Known Member

And they call it progress! All of the above that is~

My Makita Impact driver kit arrived yesterday and I am impressed!

Beautiful quality and it’s even made in Japan...wasn’t expecting that!

I wish I could sell some of these guitars to buy some more!