Where’s Lancpudin?

Discussion in 'The Backstage' started by Digger, Jan 29, 2018.

1. Digger

Digger Well-Known Member

Hopefully I’ll be mowing our loose collection of weeds myself on Wednesday after some 6 weeks which is probably the only time in the year I can leave it that long. I’ll probably have to jump start the mower after this time.

I did get some of the cleaning up using one of my beloved chainsaws for a while before having to finish up for an unexpected medical appointment. Another one tomorrow so my working schedule is being mucked around something chronic!

Weather looks like coming good ready for some time at Mallacoota with increasing number of friends next week.

2. Stuart

Stuart Well-Known Member

Why?

Why?

3. Lancpudn

Lancpudn Well-Known Member

I dunno Stuart! They're very welcome though, I used to watch the Sparrowhawks take them in mid air that nested on the numerous cotton mills in my town as a child, there were huge flocks back then.

My old 1965 Ford Thunderbird has turned up on ebay looking a bit worse for wear & looking sorry for itself,:frown: It was in great condition when I sold it around 10 years ago. https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ford-thunderbird/193034435044?hash=item2cf1bfb9e4:g:zi8AAOSwcyNdOdt7

Sad to see it in that state, I owned that car for over twenty years and had some great times with it.

4. Digger

Digger Well-Known Member

I’ve been struggling with asthma constantly for many months (18?) because of this darn drought the place is a dustbowl and we can’t keep it out of the house.

I get worse coming inside and constantly need medication to stay out of hospital. The medication puts my blood sugar up and that will shorten my life considerably unless I can find a solution.

Yesterday Gael managed to get me into a lung function test which I failed dismally, too unstable she said. The nurse got me an urgent appt. with my GP this morning with a view to finding results of chest X-Rays and to totally change the asthma medication regime I’ve been on for years.

My fear is of developing emphysema.

5. Stuart

Stuart Well-Known Member

Sending the ‘Good Vibes’ your way @Digger

Digger likes this.
  6. Stuart

Stuart Well-Known Member

Excursions & incursions always have a reason :hmm:

7. Digger

Digger Well-Known Member

Hopefully I’ll be mowing our loose collection of weeds myself on Wednesday after some 6 weeks which is probably the only time in the year I can leave it that long. I’ll probably have to jump start the mower after this time.

I did get some of the cleaning up using one of my beloved chainsaws for a while before having to finish up for an unexpected medical appointment. Another one tomorrow so my working schedule is being mucked around something chronic!

Weather looks like coming good ready for some time at Mallacoota with increasing number of friends next week.

8. Lancpudn

Another couch potato day by the look of the weather, I need to get some petrol in the car for the Southport flower show tomorrow, looks like a wet rainy day there as well, I hope all the flowers aren't going to be bedraggled and beaten down with the rain like mine :frown:

9. Digger

Digger Well-Known Member

I got the mowing done yesterday and unsure what I’ll be doing today.

The new asthma medication regime is working, thank goodness.

Stuart likes this.
  10. Lancpudn

11. Otto99

Otto99 Well-Known Member

We’re watching The Heart Guy (or Doctor, Doctor, seems it has two titles) on Netflix, and they mentioned swimming at the dam and tending chooks. Thanks to @Digger, I knew what they meant!

Last edited: Aug 15, 2019
    Lancpudn and Digger like this.
  12. Digger

Digger Well-Known Member

I’m pleased to open the world of “Strine” up to you Greg.

This might further help your understanding of us bloody colonials~

http://www.koalanet.com.au/australian-slang.html

Yesterday I whacked a bloody big spray pack on my back and wandered about bringing death and destructions to a motley collection of weeds around the joint!

Back aches today but I have the satisfaction of hearing their death cries as I type!

I’ve got a few jobs to do today inc. checking Roz’s car out to make sure it won’t run out of fluids, air pressure in tyre etc. I guess that’s now become my responsibility, so I may as well get on with it! We’re going to be away at Mallacoota for a week or more starting Tuesday so I need to cover her while we are gone.

While her car is out of the carport I’ll spread a few (tractor) buckets of gravel in there as it gets chopped up being on a bit of a slope. So maintenance is the go today and there are plenty of things to do that come under that banner.

Gonna be a nice enough day so it will be good outside.

Lancpudn likes this.
  13. Lancpudn

The Southport flower show yesterday was packed to the gunwales :shock: Super crowded and trying to push Mam across wet grassland/parks has taken it's toll on my back :frown: I was in agony yesterday and couldn't even drive back, My missus had to drive the car back & she doesn't like driving on unknown roads :rolleyes:

We had the best of the weather yesterday albeit a strong wind off the sea and light showers throughout the day.

We did see Blackpool tower across the bay but no sea in between, the tide is permanently out there lol.

It's another day indoors today as it's lashing down & the new Train Sim World 2020 upgrade is updating on my gaming PC so looks like train drivers hat on today, about the only thing I can wear today as I cant bend to put my trousers or socks on, dressing gown & lots of painkillers day today :thumb:

14. Digger

Digger Well-Known Member

Worked on Roz’s car yesterday and then re gravelled her carport as keeping the tractor there previously had chopped it all up.

5 loads went in but I soon realised there wasn’t enough room to spread it with the bucket so it was shovel and rake work! Boy that was fun....not!

Now my back is sore too....Grin~

Cleaned the filters on the vacuum cleaner with the compressor and ended up a little dust pile myself~ Achoo!

15. Lancpudn

Looks like laundry day here as It's finally stopped raining :yesway:, The rain never let up for the entire day yesterday, very wet outside yet.

16. Digger

Digger Well-Known Member

Not sure what I’ll do today but it’s going to be nice so I’ll try and be outside as much as I can.

I’ve got grass growing in the bottom of my dam!

17. Digger

Digger Well-Known Member

Today is The Battle of Long Tan Day here in Australia, which is our name for Vietnam Veterans Day.

Our ABC news website didn’t mention a word about it!

How quickly they forget!

Lancpudn likes this.
  18. Lancpudn

We've got a dry day til about 4:00pm so I'm doing some gardening duties & washing the car.
    The other "fantastic plastic" wheel on the vacuum cleaner has broken off :mad: so I'm under orders to get that fixed as well.
    Everything seems to be made of cheap crap these days. :frown:

19. Raiyn

Raiyn Well-Known Member

I don't forget. Thank you.

Digger likes this.
  20. Lancpudn

Blimey! the lawlessness continues here, A neighbour across the street had an idiot crash into her car at speed at 1:00am on Friday night & he came across the following day asking to see if our CCTV had caught anything, A white van at that time is on my CCTV recorder speeding away but cant see the numberplate :frown:

A young chap from just up the road has just been round asking if our CCTV picked up a black car at 6:00pm this evening as it's side swiped his car taking out the entire side of his car, He's heartbroken as it was his pride & joy.

The CCTV has picked up this car, A black Volvo S60 but cant see the numberplate for the camera angle.

I dare say the already high insurance premiums will rise next year for this postcode area because of these clowns.
    The lunatics also crashed a stolen car into our local pub last week taking the corner too fast & left the car there embedded in the pub and ran off. :mad:
    What a ridiculous state of affairs it is here.