[2007] Gibson Proudly Presents 'The Robot Guitar'....

Discussion in 'Other Guitars' started by Alty, Jul 21, 2016.

1. Alty

Alty Well-Known Member

A First Run Limited Edition

On December 7, 2007, Gibson will change the guitar world forever. Again.

True to the spirit of innovation that inspired Gibson to invent the legendary Tune-o-matic bridge, the powerful humbucker, and the revolutionary Digital Les Paul, Gibson proudly presents the Gibson Robot Guitar—the world's first guitar with robotic technology.

Since the dawn of the instrument, musicians have come to accept the guitar's imperfections and lack of tonal precision as necessary evils. Onstage and off, guitarists have fought to stay in tune. Every music lover and performer has had to suffer through the show—halting, mood-killing atonal droning of a loudly amped guitar being brought into tune. And in the studio, or at home, imprecise intonation throws the guitar in and out of tune, up and down the neck, as the instrument requires tweaking with each season and at times with each string change.

For as long as the guitar has existed, guitar lovers have had two choices—live with a temperamental and out-of-tune instrument or make frequent trips to the shop for setups. Not anymore.

Introducing the Gibson Robot Guitar. All you have to do is play it.

In Select Stores December 7, 2007
    First Run Limited Edition, only 10 per store

robot1.PNG

robot2.PNG

robot3.PNG

http://archive.gibson.com/RobotGuitar/index.html

IMHO: The way auto-tune should be....

2. Davis Sharp

Davis Sharp Well-Known Member

I have no problem tuning my guitar. I would appreciate it , however, if Gibson would come up with automated: intonation, truss rod adjustment, action adjustment, and string changing.

John Ezell likes this.
  3. BGood

BGood Well-Known Member

You forgot cleaning, buffing and playing. If it could play what I want as I hold it ... imagine ? Then someone will come up with a name like ... Guitar Pro, or ... Guitar Hero.

John Ezell and Davis Sharp like this.
  4. MarkB

MarkB Well-Known Member

As Ive said before, the gForce is quite fun, but I have no doubt the novelty will wear off and it will be assigned to a jiffy bag! Mind you, If Im going to choose then Id rather having a plastic brick hidden behind the Headstock than a glowing knob! ;-)

John Ezell likes this.
  5. Alty

Alty Well-Known Member

According to the interweb, Gibsons don't need any of that....as they are perfect....:shock:

:naughty:

Personally think the current gForce looks like a toy and prefer this look:

tune1.PNG

Over this:

GForce1.png

The thread isn't about whether you can tune or not or whether anyone likes it, it's more about the technology and seeing as they could produce this system in 2007 yet the 2014/15 etc design is terrible in comparison, as someone interested, not just in the original way of doing things, but embrace some new technologies to make making music easier, thought Gibson were taking a step back with the newer versions.

;)

Last edited: Jul 22, 2016
    MarkB likes this.
  6. JohnnyGoo

JohnnyGoo Well-Known Member

a friend at work bought one of those Les Pauls.it was a green one.