A Lefty Mosrite for cheap ? Yes...

phonepi

Reaction score
Hi Guys !

Thanks to thomann.de and the Harley-Benton brand, we - Lefties - have now the possibility to acquire a Mosrite-Ventures-like guitar at a true bargain price :

BRiDNb-Harley-Benton-MR-Classic-LH-SB-08-04-2022.jpg

Another "El Cheapo - Junky - Toy" ? Certainly not : just "El Cheapo", regarding the price above (here in France).

Speaking about the quality, just see below - I discovered a flawless instrument :

17VHNb-packdetail2.jpg

17VHNb-packdetail0.jpg

17VHNb-packdetail1.jpg

27VHNb-unpacking1.jpg

27VHNb-unpacking2.jpg

OK - some little mods later :

xiy7Ob-HB-Mosrite-Ventures-1.jpg

DCR of the pickups, via the electronics of the instrument :

i8VHNb-pickupDCRasis.jpg

Despite being quite heavy with 4.2kg, this HB-Mosrite is a stable, well-balanced, easy-to-play and truly good sounding guitar !

Oh, and it also exists in Right-Hand, with or without tremolo, and even in Baritone version, at similar prices... :naughty:😎

Cheers,

P

soulman969

Staff Member
Reaction score
Very classy take on a classic '60s guitar. I have yet to own an HB model but I have also yet to read a post from anyone who has not felt they offer an excellent product for the price. Congrats on your Mosrite!

28 Flathead

Reaction score
Nice score!
I had a Univox copy of one of those years ago, lent it to an acquaintance (thought he was a friend), never saw either of them again.
Enjoy it!

phonepi

Reaction score
Thank you Guys ! :)

There's virtually no Lefty Mosrite-like guitar available, and AFAIK, no original Lefty Mosrite even entered in a regular production...

Of course, you can have one custom-made by a Luthier, etc... But it is not for a mere 250 Euros ! And moreover, if the guitar is well-built and fine-sounding...

The Harley-Benton guitars are too often underrated - I already have three of them to attest it :

That said : I modded and setup'ed those guitars, bought 2nd hand for less than 100 Euros each, but nearly unplayable. This was not the case with the HB Mosrite right out of the box though.

Cheers,

P

Keefoman

Reaction score
The Mosrite design is certainly cool! Congrats on a new guitar!

phonepi

Reaction score
Shielding the pickups à la Faraday, to eliminate the last disturbances :

59vIOb-come-on-lets-shield-again-11-10-22.jpg

A fine and cheap guitar now ! :cool: :cool: :cool:

P

Latest posts