Bridge and tailpiece measurements.

Discussion in 'Epiphone Guitars' started by MadMax79, Jan 12, 2021.

1. MadMax79

MadMax79 New Member

Hi guys, in my continuous search for an upgrade with regard to the bridge and the tailpiece, I am asking you much more experts for the precise measurements regarding the latter.
    I have an Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus Top Pro, thanks.

2. Norton

Norton Active Member

just buy metric replacements. or replacements that designate they are for epiphone guitars.

stew Mac often has mechanical drawings of the hardware they sell which should give you the exact specs.

soulman969 likes this.
  3. soulman969

soulman969 Well-Known Member

Yup. Faber and Tone Pros both sell what you're looking for specifically for Epis and other import models.

Faber is a bit pricier but it did make a difference on my Gold Top so I'll probably install another Faber bridge on my ES339.

IMHO it's really the bridge and the inserts you want to shoot for as far as improvement in tonality and sustain. The tail piece isn't as much an issue unless you want to go lighter.

4. Raiyn

Raiyn Well-Known Member

Faber, TonePros, Gotoh.... Generic stuff that Philadelphia Luthier sells, also Guitar Fetish.

There's stuff out there for any budget. It's just the standard "Metric" hardware - nothing crazy like the occasional oddball Korean stuff.

5. MadMax79

MadMax79 New Member

6. MadMax79

MadMax79 New Member

I had such a thing in mind, Schaller!

7. Raiyn

Raiyn Well-Known Member

I had looked at one of those. A solid choice, a bit spendy, but yeah I'd go for that. I love roller bridges even on hardtails.