Cannot identify year or place of manufacture on pretty old looking Epiphone AJ-10

Matt Solomon

Reaction score
Picked up an old looking Epiphone AJ-10 acoustic guitar from an antique shop today and I cannot find out any information from it using the serial number. It’s serial number is SI00086006. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Biddlin

Reaction score
Yeah.....17 years ain't what I'd call old. I'd question why it was in an antique shop in the first place.
As one who collects antiques I can assure you that very little of what is sold in "Antique" shops is "old." Real antiques are seldom found in those kitschy little stores with names like "Aunt Maisie's Attic." Many, if not most antique shops are really consignment shops, selling other peoples' items for a percentage of the selling price.

Davis Sharp

Reaction score
Welcome to Epi-Talk. I hope you didn't pay an "Antique Shop Premium" for your AJ-10. I have an AJ-220, very nice neck on those.

Raiyn

Reaction score
Welcome to Epi-Talk. I hope you didn't pay an "Antique Shop Premium" for your AJ-10. I have an AJ-220, very nice neck on those.
I have to remind myself how fortunate I am to have good friends in the antique / collectable field. Some of their peers aren't as scrupulous.

Latest posts