Computer practice

Discussion in 'The Backstage' started by Fat_Finger, Jan 12, 2020.

1. Fat_Finger

Fat_Finger New Member

I have been watching videos on youtube and a few others and I see they have a system that looks like a cool idea. Through the computer they are able to configure what amps/equalizers and you name it would sound using your guitar and the computer program.

I have tried multiple searches in the forums and google and such, but can not find info on the program or where to find it... Does anyone have any knowledge of this type of tool?

By the way - I was not sure if this would be the correct forum to post this... If its not, please move or delete. Thank you

Roger

2. Stillhouse

Stillhouse Member

I know of AmpliTube, but there are loads of amp/effect modeling programs.

SirMilo likes this.
  3. SirMilo

SirMilo Member

Hi Roger.
    As Stillhouse mentioned, there are countless programs out there for this purpose.

I use both PositiveGrid and Overloud products for guitar, bass, and effects. I also use an XLN Audio product for drums. Just go to the company websites to find the type of programs that you are looking for. All of the companies that I have experience with provide both standalone and DAW apps with purchase. Standalone products are great for when you want to play and change the sound. The drum programs are great for when you need a beat to play along to. If you want to record, that's where the addition of a DAW comes in. In case you aren't privy to the acronym, DAW stands for Digital Audio Workstation.

Much like anything else related to music, YMMV and what works for me may not work for you.
    I use the options mentioned above but there are also plenty of lesser costly options available.