Cool Amp Stand Cabinet

Discussion in 'Tone Zone' started by BobbyMac, Sep 19, 2021.

1. BobbyMac

BobbyMac Member

Several years ago, I purchased a couple of amp stand/cabinets from a maker on eBay. He only had a few of them available. One for 59 Bassman sized amps in tweed, and another for Twin Reverb sized amps in black tolex. I bought one of each. They weren't cheap at over $300 per, but I had to have them.

The black tolex version is depicted below. The front panel door is operated with push-in latches that are activated by pressing the center of the panel on the top edge. As you can see in the pictures, the open door reveals two removable wooden shelves that slide out. The pictures show the shelves in place, and slightly opened, showing the perfect storage area for string sets, cables, picks, and what have you.

The pics show the cab alone and also supporting a 2X10 speaker cab and a Deluxe Reverb amp head. Sure makes for a convenient way to move the stack around and store a bunch of stuff.

The maker disappeared from eBay and I've never seen anything quite like this amp stand/cabinet since. I thought you all might like to see this one.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Darkness likes this.
  2. BobbyMac

BobbyMac Member

Here's the tweed version...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Darkness, John and soulman969 like this.
  3. Belle

Belle New Member

They're aesthetically pleasing - they also remind me of the pedestals that came with my washer & dryer.

I would think that they would be prone to rattling - either with the contents of the drawers or the drawers themselves rattling from the vibrations of the speaker cab (unless the drawers are pretty snug in their tracks and contents secured). Has that been an issue at all? I'm not in the market for one but I'm curious.

4. John

John Well-Known Member

Those are really cool.

BobbyMac likes this.