County-wide Stay at Home Order is coming tonight.

Discussion in 'The Backstage' started by SirMilo, Mar 24, 2020.

1. SirMilo

SirMilo Member

In approximately 8.5 hours from now, the county that I live in will be issuing an order that allows only essential travel and essential businesses to stay open until further notice (aka, Stay At Home Order).

Thankfully, I saw this coming and made a few orders to keep myself busy. Multiple orders arrived last week that contained pickups, electronics, strings, fret leveling/crowning items and various other stuff so I figured that these supplies plus all of the following

IMG_4680.jpg

should keep me busy over the next few weeks. I also have a pretty significant stash of exotic woods to build something with if I tire of messing with guitars. Thankfully, this order won't be too much of an adjustment for the wife and I. The only part that is semi-distressing is that I have allergies (currently suffering from them) and there's nothing quite like a virus going around and trying to determine whether it's allergies or something worse that's creating my current issues.

Anyway, be safe out there everyone.

Lancpudn and Davis Sharp like this.
  2. BGood

BGood Well-Known Member

If you have symptoms other than these, you shouldn't worry.

2-14 days after exposure (based on the incubation period of MERS-CoV viruses).
    • Fever
    • Cough
    • Shortness of breath
    If you develop emergency warning signs for COVID-19 get medical attention immediately. Emergency warning signs include*:
    • Trouble breathing
    • Persistent pain or pressure in the chest
    • New confusion or inability to arouse
    • Bluish lips or face
    *This list is not all inclusive. Please consult your medical provider for any other symptoms that are severe or concerning.

Paruwi likes this.
  3. Otto99

Otto99 Well-Known Member

Memphis is starting the shelter in place at 6pm. We’ve done sensible shopping, no hoarding, so we’re good for a while.

Paruwi likes this.
  4. Paruwi

Paruwi Kraut-Rocker

:thumb:

5. Biddlin

Biddlin Well-Known Member

Hunkered down here in California as well. I've got my missus, three cats and two dogs for company so at least I'm not lonely. Trapped, but not lonely, lol. Everybody stay safe and well, even you, Pete!:cool:

Last edited: Mar 25, 2020
  6. Lancpudn

Lancpudn Well-Known Member

It's lockdown here in the UK, I've been self isolating for a week now as I came down with flu like symptoms which thankfully are subsiding now.

It makes you think though! I was in bed for two days sweating buckets & felt dreadful but the Dr's said just manage it & monitor it! You didn't know if you had the coronavirus virus or the seasonal flu type illness.
    My missus went out to do some shopping yesterday & said it was a nightmare, the big stores are stopping people from panic buying & only allowing you two items of the same thing.
    For example she could only get two tins of cat food for our three cats :frown:

The small shops in town had long queues outside the door with everyone keeping 2 metres apart & they were only allowing two people into the shop at a time.

7. Otto99

Otto99 Well-Known Member

It’s really kind of cool to be able to get a global view of how we are all dealing with this. Makes the Star Trek geek in me optimistic that maybe we’re starting to realize we’re all on this rock together, and the sooner we start acting like it, the better off we’ll be.

Davis Sharp and Lancpudn like this.
  8. Digger

Digger Well-Known Member

Pretty much the same here ATM too.

9. Lancpudn

Our daughter has been told to work from home for the next two months, Bleddy broadband is going off today for maintenance work so I don't know how that is going to work out for her :dunno:

10. Stillhouse

Stillhouse Member

We go shelter in place at 11:59PM tonight, through April 10 tentatively. Just got back from filling up some 9 gallons of reverse osmosis water(don't drink tap water down in these parts, too heavily treated). Well provisioned otherwise, spirits good. Got a fair backlog of records I got over the past couple of years or so from thrift stores that I haven't given more than a quick listen to evaluate their condition, so that'll help while away some time.

Davis Sharp likes this.
  11. DaveInSoCal

DaveInSoCal Well-Known Member

Here in Southern California it seems every job is essential because pretty much everything seems to be open and still lot's of traffic on the roads. I work for the DOD so we aren't subject to the Governors order (State vs Federal).
    I can understand why everyone is still working because we all need to get paid. California mandates 3 days of sick time per year, that't not really going to cover CV and most folks can't live on unemployment so it is what it is.

Davis Sharp likes this.
  12. Digger

Digger Well-Known Member

I have plenty to do outside so no chance of boredom here!

We do have to do do
    some shopping early this morning unfortunately and choosing the 7 to 8 am elderly slot. Hopefully I can beat some of them to the dunny paper....Grin~

Davis Sharp likes this.
  13. Lancpudn

It's very quiet here, not that I venture out much but it's eerily quiet! no traffic noise, the usual log jam of cars at the traffic lights at the end of the street from 6:00am to 9:00am is absent, I can hear the birds singing everywhere & I think people are finally getting it at last and staying in, The few people I see out walking their dogs have face masks on or scarves around their faces.
    All the schools & most businesses are closed, why didn't I get my haircut before the lockdown :facepalm:, I look like a scarecrow now, Heaven knows what it will look like in a month or two :wow: You can hear the kids playing in their own back yards and lawnmowers aplenty in this nice weather we're having at the moment. :thumb:.

Davis Sharp and Paruwi like this.
  14. Digger

Digger Well-Known Member

The only thing wrong with supermarkets having a special 7am to 8am slot is that the aisles are full of bloody old people..... Grin~

I swear it was only the trolly holding some of them up!

I did manage to snag a packet of bum paper and a couple of boxes of tissues. Finally managed to convince Gael that we should at least double what we normally buy and slowly fill the freezers with meat etc. No not hoarding just trying to avoid going in there every week.

Davis Sharp, Paruwi and Raiyn like this.
  15. Raiyn

Raiyn Well-Known Member

SWMBO was able to acquire some eggs, butter, a 12 pack of toilet paper, and
    <<<<<looks left, looks right>>>>>​
    hand sanitizer.

Truly impressed by her, usually I'm the one doing the wheeler dealer bit, but on this one I'm happy to defer.

I will say this drives home my stance on stocking common use shelf stable items: You have the one you're using, one in the cupboard and (preferably) a spare. If you have one, you have none.

I'm not saying buy a whole damn pallet like a jackass, but have an extra stick of deodorant, tube of toothpaste, bottle of dish soap, etc.

Davis Sharp likes this.
  16. Otto99

Otto99 Well-Known Member

And wine. Lots of wine. I can always take a shower if I run out of bog roll, but no wine? Inconceivable!​

17. Raiyn

Raiyn Well-Known Member

Fixed that for you. :cheers:

Keith4001r and Lancpudn like this.
  18. Lancpudn

Getting our medication is proving hard work! I ordered my repeat prescription Meds over a week ago as they've stopped the home deliveries, My missus called at the chemist last Friday to collect them but there were over 40 people queuing outside the door 2 metres apart, She rang me & I said don't wait, I'll have to manage until next week.

Davis Sharp likes this.
  19. Paruwi

Paruwi Kraut-Rocker

stayathome1.jpg

trying to bring some fun into this....

Digger, Keith4001r, Lancpudn and 3 others like this.
  20. Keith4001r

Keith4001r New Member

Yes, bourbon is essential. Preferably Knob Creek, but Wild Turkey or even Jim Beam will do quite nicely.