CoVid-19 Thread.

Discussion in 'The Backstage' started by Digger, Mar 25, 2020.

1. Otto99

Otto99 Well-Known Member

I’m really staggered by the fact I miss Bill Haslam, although I could never get past the fact he looked like Dana Carvey. Haslam wanted the ACA for Tennessee, was willing to work with all concerned, got blocked by the idiots in the state legislature, and eventually threw up his hands and said fine, rednecks. Knock yourselves out.

Supersonic likes this.
  2. Biddlin

Biddlin Well-Known Member

A guy I worked closely with and liked a lot died from covid19 last week. He had been hospitalized for a hip fracture in June and tested positive for CV19. Robbie Waters was a former police lieutenant, county sheriff and city councilman. He was a true gentleman and loved the city he served.

3. Davis Sharp

Davis Sharp Well-Known Member

4. Raiyn

Raiyn Well-Known Member

This is what happens when the inmates run the asylum.

DigitalDreams likes this.
  5. Digger

Digger Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear Biddlin.

6. Digger

Digger Well-Known Member

Sunday the whole state goes compulsory on wearing masks outside of the home.

7. Lancpudn

Lancpudn Well-Known Member

8. Otto99

Otto99 Well-Known Member

Saw a post from BBC Scotland telling Scots to avoid British hot spots. I haven’t looked yet to see the numbers here today for Memphis/Shelby County. It’s depressing.

Lancpudn likes this.
  9. Raiyn

Raiyn Well-Known Member

I don't really need to post numbers. Check world news.

10. Digger

Digger Well-Known Member

I don’t think there’s much good news on this anywhere mate and it’s probably just the start.

In our age group all of our friends have compromising conditions and are all at risk. That’s just plain scary!

11. Lancpudn

Our daughter was asked to go back into the office twice a week last week for the first time since March :dunno:, She came home on Thursday with cold symptoms so she's ordered us all postal C-19 tests and the NHS line said we've to self isolate until we hear back from the tests.

The young neighbours across the back came over yesterday to say it might be noisy on Saturday night as they're having a house party, I mentioned had they not seen the new C-19 restrictions in our area about not having people from other households in your home or private garden, It was met with a blank stare then said come over if you like :facepalm::wow:

12. Digger

Digger Well-Known Member

They need to be stopped!

Lancpudn likes this.
  13. Davis Sharp

Davis Sharp Well-Known Member

The police should do that. If not, the virus will - eventually.

Digger and Lancpudn like this.
  14. Lancpudn

Yeah hopefully, these are the layabouts I mentioned before who have played the welfare system since leaving school :frown: Police don't have the resources any more to deal with this sort of thing in my neck o the woods. There numbers were cut by 60% in 2015 for cost cutting. :wow:

Those Home test C-19 test kits have just arrived by courier and it's a good job we read the instruction booklet before proceeding.
    We cant do the tests until Monday now! We all have to do them at the same time & seal them individually, They have to be posted within 1 hour of the last postal collection of the day, Last Saturday collection is 12:00 so too late to do them today, We're going to have to wait until Monday afternoon now as the next last collection is 17:30 on Monday. :frown:

[​IMG]

15. Paruwi

Paruwi Kraut-Rocker

Lancpudn, Davis Sharp and Biddlin like this.
  16. Digger

Digger Well-Known Member

So today we have to wear masks outside whenever we go out.
    Wonder how that will go?

17. Biddlin

Biddlin Well-Known Member

We have a mandatory mask order in place in Sacramento county, but today at the US Post Office, even though all of the workers were wearing masks, one jack wagon came in naked faced and blustering about "Its a federal building and there ain't no federal law to make me wear one on federal property." Sigh...

Lancpudn likes this.
  18. Otto99

Otto99 Well-Known Member

Our daughter lives near Folsom Lake, and they’re taking it seriously. Can’t speak for the rest of the Mah Freedum ignoramuses.

Raiyn, Biddlin and Lancpudn like this.
  19. Lancpudn

I like Peters Covidiots remark :rofl: Sums em up perfectly, The party went ahead across the back as I could see over the fence when I shut the bedroom windows.
    There were a dozen or so in the back garden with not a mask in sight.:rolleyes:

Paruwi likes this.
  20. Digger

Digger Well-Known Member

As of Wednesday we are under a “State of Disaster” which includes a curfew. A number of suburbs are locked down and only allowed out between 5 am to 8 pm. Police have been given a raft of heightened powers including the right of entry.

In the bush we are moving to Stage 3 again like we were before and there is another run on supermarkets which shows that we are slow to learn.

Personally we have only a few acceptable reasons to leave home but our home at least has plenty of space so not as hard for us as many others. We won’t be able to come back down here for at least 6 weeks but tough measures are needed for tough times.

This starts Wednesday so we will head home tomorrow or Tuesday.

Wednesday morning I need to fill some fuel containers to keep my machines going.