CoVid-19 Thread.

Discussion in 'The Backstage' started by Digger, Mar 25, 2020.

1. Davis Sharp

Davis Sharp Well-Known Member

If I were in his shoes, I'd be tempted to walk around, point, and in my best Oprah voice, say "You get corona and you get corona and YOU get corona!"

OK, I'd think it, but not do it.

Where I live has the highest vaccination rate for people 12 and older (of counties with >300K people). Shouldn't be a surprise, Fauci lives here. OK, it's not like he's going door to door :), but this is home to the NIH, FDA, and a lot of biotech companies including Novavax and an Astra Zeneca facility.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2021
    Paruwi and Raiyn like this.
  2. Raiyn

Raiyn Well-Known Member

I've said it before, I'll say it again. I'm glad that my family all have their shots. My fear / anger towards the unvaccinated deniers has cooled into incredulity tinged with still a bit of anger (I'm human after all) towards their continued ignorance.
    However, I know my people are covered. I know the scientists are working, I know there's an infrastructure for handling this and the next thing again. I also know Dr. Fauchi is out there being a target; taking heat so science can happen just as he seemingly always has.
    It is for these things that I am grateful.

Lancpudn, Davis Sharp and Biddlin like this.
  3. Lancpudn

Lancpudn Well-Known Member

My missus got a 'test & trace' message on her mobile phone last Thursday night, It turned out the hairdressers she went to to have her hair done the previous day tested positive for covid so we had to send off for a pack of 7 test kits for everyone who we had been in contact with, They mail them out next day delivery to you & thankfully everybody's tests were negative.

Biddlin, Raiyn, Paruwi and 2 others like this.
  4. Raiyn

Raiyn Well-Known Member

Another thing I wish we'd managed to accomplish / not have blocked by idiot politicians.

I'm glad everything came out ok for you and the missus.