CoVid-19 Thread.

Discussion in 'The Backstage' started by Digger, Mar 25, 2020.

1. Charles

Charles Member

I got the J&J today. I already have antibodies from a Nov 2020 infection. Pos in Dec, Jan, Feb. My doc cut me off in Feb this year. I wanted to schedule a 4th test for March but he said no. He thinks I would keep avoiding the jab lol. I wasn't even eligible yet, but whatever. But I saw his fellow doctor Friday who asked me if I'm vaxxed yet. So I made an offer. She tests me for antibodies and I'll get a shot. She agreed and I'm still positive. So today I honored my word. She didn't know I was already going to anyway :D

Anyhow a UAB study came out Friday that claims the J&J is thought to be 90% effective against the delta critter. And the doc told me between my antibodies and the vaxx ought to get me through the delta wave with close to 100% efficiency.
    https://www.al.com/news/2021/07/joh...ve-against-delta-variant-uab-experts-say.html

My question has been how any of the vaxx versions will effect natural antibodies and no one has provided a definitive answer. Just not enough time to say yet I suppose. Until then, I guess I'm bonified.

Oh, and four hours after I got a jab, I see this on another forum..

https://www.cnn.com/2021/07/12/health/johnson-vaccine-guillain-barre-syndrome-fda/index.html

Guess rolling the dice has it's risks. I do feel better after I read this...
    https://www.cdc.gov/vaccinesafety/concerns/guillain-barre-syndrome.html
    So any vaxx carries that risk per the CDC.

I'm still going to wear a mask in public buildings such as groceries. Because of the non vaxxed and also the cavalier vaxxed who think it's over.

Lancpudn likes this.
  2. Raiyn

Raiyn Well-Known Member

:cheers:

Charles likes this.
  3. charriman

charriman New Member

i'm glad to see that the US isn't holding the monopoly on stupidity. I thought we were the only stupid ones in the world.

4. Raiyn

Raiyn Well-Known Member

Nah, ignorance knows no borders.

"I have a foreboding of an America in my children's or grandchildren's time — when the United States is a service and information economy; when nearly all the key manufacturing industries have slipped away to other countries; when awesome technological powers are in the hands of a very few, and no one representing the public interest can even grasp the issues; when the people have lost the ability to set their own agendas or knowledgeably question those in authority; when, clutching our crystals and nervously consulting our horoscopes, our critical faculties in decline, unable to distinguish between what feels good and what's true, we slide, almost without noticing, back into superstition and darkness." Carl Sagan - "The Demon-Haunted World: Science as a Candle in the Dark" published 1995​

A bit long for a signature tag....

@Otto99 Dude, you weren't kidding. Wow
    Tennessee fires top vaccine official as COVID-19 shows signs of new spread
    Brett Kelman, Nashville Tennessean 15 mins ago

The Tennessee state government has fired its top vaccination official, becoming the latest of about two dozen states to lose years of institutional knowledge about vaccines in the midst of the coronavirus pandemic.

The termination Monday comes as the virus shows new signs of spread in Tennessee, and the more-transmissible delta variant surfaces in greater numbers.

Dr. Michelle Fiscus, the medical director for vaccine-preventable diseases and immunization programs at the Tennessee Department of Health, said she was fired on Monday afternoon and provided a copy of her termination letter. It provides no explanation for her termination.

[​IMG]© Submitted Michelle Fiscus

Fiscus said she was a scapegoat who was terminated to appease state lawmakers angry about the department's efforts to vaccinate teenagers against coronavirus. The agency has been dialing back efforts to vaccinate teenagers since June.

"It was my job to provide evidence-based education and vaccine access so that Tennesseans could protect themselves against COVID-19," Fiscus said in a written statement. "I have now been terminated for doing exactly that."

Sarah Tanksley, a spokesperson for the health department, said the agency would not comment on the termination.

Fiscus took heat for teenage vaccinations
    Republican lawmakers began to criticize Fiscus by name during a contentious hearing of the Joint Government Operations Committee on June 16.

Lawmakers were angry about a letter Fiscus sent to medical providers who administer vaccines explaining the state's “Mature Minor Doctrine,” a legal mechanism by which they are allowed to vaccinate minors above the age of 14 without consent from their parents.

The letter was sent in response to questions from vaccine providers but did not contain new information. The details of the Mature Minor Doctrine have been publicly available on the health department’s website since at least 2008. The doctrine was established in 1987, according to the health department.

Fiscus said the language in the letter was provided to her by the health department's attorney, who said at the time it had been "blessed by the governor's office."

At the June 16 hearing, Health Commissioner Dr. Lisa Piercey said that, to her knowledge, the doctrine had been invoked only eight times this year. Three of those instances involved her own kids, who were vaccinated while she was at work, she said.

Lawmakers were still angry. Sen. Janice Bowling, who repeatedly has spread vaccine misinformation during legislative hearings, insisted the state was misinterpreting its legal authority.

[​IMG]©

Conservative lawmakers, including Bowling, were critical of the agency's efforts to vaccinate teenagers.
    Bowling urged Piercey to "take action" to "remove the fear, the concerns and the anger that has gone across the state as a result of (Fiscus') letter."

“It is very disconcerting to see the letter, or memo, from Dr. Fiscus stating that Tennessee law allows the Department of Health to give vaccinations to children 14 years of age," Bowling said. "Tennessee law does not allow that."

Later in the same hearing, another lawmaker, Sen. Mark Pody, cited "extreme disappointment" that the health department would allow children to be vaccinated through the Mature Minor Doctrine. Lawmakers later discussed dissolving the entire agency to stop it from promoting vaccines to teens.

Since the June hearing, the health department has steadily backed down from its efforts to vaccinate minors. The agency halted all online vaccination outreach to teens and deleted Facebook and Twitter posts that gently recommended vaccines to anyone over the age of 12. Internal emails obtained by The Tennessean revealed agency leaders ordered county-level staff not to hold any vaccination events intended specifically for adolescents.

[​IMG]© Tennessee Department of Health This digital flyer, once part of the Tennessee Department of Health's vaccination awareness campaign, has vanished from the agency's website after some conservative lawmakers accused the agency of peer pressuring minors.

COVID-19 infections rise, delta variant spreads

These changes will likely hamper Tennessee’s vaccination efforts, which already lag much of the nation. As of Monday, federal and state data showed 38% of Tennesseans were fully vaccinated, and the state’s rate of new vaccinations was idling.

At the current pace, Tennessee won’t reach 50% vaccinated until March, according to health department estimates in an internal report obtained by The Tennessean.

Tennessee has also begun to show some signs of a rebounding virus. After months of declining infections, the average number of new infections per day has more than doubled since a low point on June 23 – climbing from 169 to 351 as of Friday. The state’s average test positivity rate increased from about 2% to about 4.5% in the same time period. Daily hospitalizations and deaths remain in the single digits.

Tennessee is also detecting a growing number of infections from the delta variant, a more transmissible form of coronavirus that sparked new outbreaks among unvaccinated populations in Arkansas and Missouri.

The count of known delta variant cases rose from 27 on June 24 to 125 as of Thursday, according to state virus data. The count is likely higher because the variant can be detected only by subjecting virus samples to genomic sequencing, which is done sparingly.

Fiscus is at least the 25th official to leave a state’s top vaccination position since the beginning of the coronavirus pandemic, according to a USA TODAY investigation published this month. Most of these officials quit or retired earlier than planned, sometimes because of frustration with the politicization of the virus, USA TODAY reported. While these officials are not well known to the general public, they are a backbone of the nation’s vaccination system, both within a pandemic and without.

Brett Kelman is the health care reporter for The Tennessean. He can be reached at 615-259-8287 or at [email protected]. Follow him on Twitter at @brettkelman.

This article originally appeared on Nashville Tennessean

Last edited: Jul 13, 2021
    Lancpudn likes this.
  5. Digger

Digger Well-Known Member

Thanks to a team of house removalists from NSW, Victoria has once again a number of sources of infection. The buggers aren’t co operating with authorities in divulging their movements when they were here and that means a widespread outbreak is possible. Within a few days we already have 11 cases from their incursion.

OTOH Gael had her second shot yesterday and that makes me happy.

Lancpudn and Paruwi like this.
  6. Raiyn

Raiyn Well-Known Member

Independents, or do they work for a company? There might be a way to leverage the company to divulge at least skeletal information.

7. Digger

Digger Well-Known Member

They work for a company but already it’s been identified that thy breached the regulations in so many ways I wouldn’t mind betting thy do gaol time.

Raiyn likes this.
  8. Digger

Digger Well-Known Member

So as of midnight Victoria goes into lockdown No. 5. Nominally for 5 days, but we know what happens once lockdowns start.
    Bugger!

9. Lancpudn

Lancpudn Well-Known Member

The UK is still intent on removing lock down restrictions from the 19th July despite 42,302 daily cases reported yesterday Wednesday 14th July :shock::facepalm:

"After declining substantially at the start of the year, the average number of daily confirmed cases has been rising sharply in recent weeks.

A further 42,302 confirmed cases in the UK were announced on Wednesday, the highest number reported since 15 January."

Paruwi likes this.
  10. Davis Sharp

Davis Sharp Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, we are now in the experimental phase of "how long will the vaccine protect us from the idiots."

Lancpudn likes this.
  11. Raiyn

Raiyn Well-Known Member

Well, we'll see what happens when the FDA gives full approval to the vaccines. One less leg for Karen and Kyle to stand on.

Lancpudn likes this.
  12. Lancpudn

Lancpudn Well-Known Member

No, Sadly we have a large number of clowns here who think the restrictions don't apply to them & refuse to get vaccinated, I will definitely be giving these idiots a wide berth & continue wearing a mask when I leave the house.

Thursdays Covid cases. :facepalm: The UK recorded nearly 50,000 new cases on Thursday - the highest daily number since January. England's chief medical officer warned that hospital admissions were doubling every three weeks and could hit "scary numbers" if the trend continues. How on earth are our hospitals going to cope with these sorts of numbers?

Last edited: Jul 16, 2021
    Paruwi likes this.
  13. Raiyn

Raiyn Well-Known Member

Simple answer: they won't.

They'll try like Hell, but ultimately...

Best a guy can do is make sure the people he cares about are covered.

Before I got my shots, I treated everyone as though they were an unturned zombie hiding a bite.

Suffer no fools.

Lancpudn likes this.
  14. Otto99

Otto99 Well-Known Member

And that was a whole lot of people in the stands at Silverstone for F1 qually today. St. Jude, the miracle hospital here, has announced all employees must be vaccinated in eight weeks. Non-compliance gets a two-week suspension without pay, and after that, no jabby no jobby.

soulman969, Raiyn and Lancpudn like this.
  15. Biddlin

Biddlin Well-Known Member

It is difficult not to wish Darwinian justice on those too stupid or selfish to protect themselves, but their children have no say in the adults' arrogance.

soulman969, Davis Sharp and Lancpudn like this.
  16. Raiyn

Raiyn Well-Known Member

I agree completely, it is difficult.
    Maddeningly so, but I've been really good about not wishing ill on others. I've had enough stuff land on my doorstep over the last five years that I've chosen to not risk the karma.

I also *try* not to delight when the chickens come home to roost, though in political / criminal matters I'm a bit less stringent.

Lancpudn, Digger and Biddlin like this.
  17. Paruwi

Paruwi Kraut-Rocker

fixstupid.jpg

18. soulman969

soulman969 Well-Known Member

Exactly and not one piece I've ever read about yet another person on their death bed dying of COVID as a result of either shunning masking, social distancing, or taking the vaccine doesn't offer a personal warning from that dying soul that it is not simply a hoax and they wish they had not been so cocksure and arrogant about believing it was.

And IMHO those individuals who have made this a false political issue for their own gain should be injected with the most virulent dose of the Delta variant that can be produced and maybe we can finally rid ourselves of the vaccine naysayers who are still endangering the rest by their refusal to be truthful about this....Tucker Carlson.....and many others most of whom have been vaccinated.

I had this beastly infection over a year ago before we knew what we were dealing with and no solutions like a vaccine were available. For over a week I can honestly say I have never been as sick in my adult life as I was then and I'm still suffering from chronic fatigue syndrome which is only one of many "long hauler" symptoms it can cause.

Anyone who is avoiding getting inoculated who believes the vaccine is more dangerous that COVID itself is an utter fool and I will tell them that to their face from a distance of six feet while wearing a bloody mask. They're idiots.

Charles and Paruwi like this.
  19. soulman969

soulman969 Well-Known Member

Davis Sharp, Lancpudn and Paruwi like this.
  20. Raiyn

Raiyn Well-Known Member

This is fast becoming a pandemic of the unvaccinated.

I'm reminded of a scene from a Charlton Heston movie, only instead of a golden calf they've got a bloated orange bull.