CoVid-19 Thread.

Discussion in 'The Backstage' started by Digger, Mar 25, 2020.

1. Digger

Digger Well-Known Member

So it looks like Victoria may ease back on lockdown restrictions this coming week as we’ve made good progress with control, NSW and Sydney seem to have fumbled the ball and things aren’t going well up there. They have been isolated from the rest of the country for obvious reasons.

To complicate things, both Melbourne and Sydney had large “anti lockdown” rallies yesterday, you guessed it, no masks, no separation and no bloody brains! In Sydney that could well end up being a Super Spreader event and just make things far worse!

I’m not as nice as the rest of you and hope that Darwinism claims the lot of them! Wast of good oxygen!

2. Lancpudn

Lancpudn Well-Known Member

There are the same anti lockdown clowns protesting here in London & across some European cities too.

Paruwi likes this.
  3. Digger

Digger Well-Known Member

Rentacrowd!

Paruwi likes this.
  4. Raiyn

Raiyn Well-Known Member

Worked for Donny on the escalator.

Brian Krashpad likes this.
  5. Digger

Digger Well-Known Member

Sorry don’t know what that means.

6. Raiyn

Raiyn Well-Known Member

Think about someone named Donny who's ego requires a large crowd and who's handlers will pay for one if needed.

Brian Krashpad likes this.
  7. Otto99

Otto99 Well-Known Member

8. Raiyn

Raiyn Well-Known Member

They also fired their head health official because she was making it easy for teens to get the vaccine without parental permission... because next they'll be wanting to do "other things". Boogedy boogedy.

9. Digger

Digger Well-Known Member

OK, sorry a bit slow this morning.

Paruwi likes this.
  10. Raiyn

Raiyn Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Digger likes this.
  11. Digger

Digger Well-Known Member

Well it seems like Victoria has done something very special. It seems we have the Delta outbreak contained. Yes there are existing infections but all infected are in quarantine and there are no known community cases other than those in isolation.

At midnight, travel within the state is allowed and tomorrow we head down to Mallacoota for a few days. There are of course heavy restrictions still in place for now, but at least we can move more than 5 kilometres from home again.

I wonder how long it will be before some dingbat breaches the borders and brings infection back here, hopefully it will be a while.

Charles, Paruwi and Davis Sharp like this.
  12. soulman969

soulman969 Well-Known Member

13. Raiyn

Raiyn Well-Known Member

Judging by the braniacs in the protest footage? Enjoy your trip, but keep an eye on the news.

Digger likes this.
  14. Digger

Digger Well-Known Member

We can be back home in 3 hours if we have to be and we don’t cross any borders. Thanks.

It’s some comfort knowing we are both immunised however. Besides Bella wants to run on “her” beach~

Raiyn, soulman969 and Paruwi like this.
  15. Otto99

Otto99 Well-Known Member

Well, damn. My faith in my chances of not getting Delta just got shot to hell when I was reminded that while Memphis and Shelby County are a bit ahead of the game vax wise, we’re also the regional medical center for Mississippi and Arkansas, both surging in reported cases, so all their infected people are coming here. Gonna have to get some fresh masks for the fall season.

soulman969 likes this.
  16. Digger

Digger Well-Known Member

I see masks being part of our long term future and maybe a bulk buy is in order?

soulman969 likes this.
  17. soulman969

Although not nearly as bad as some states Colorado is now seeing a significant rise in new cases. Of course many of them are in the counties in Western Colorado where they elected that ignorant crackpot Lauren Boebert to Congress.

Why do people vote for someone whose isn't even competent enough to run her bar profitably let alone help run the country......oh, wait. We just had someone in the White House exactly like that didn't we? Thanks Putin you #@!!&% ***hole.

Time to pick up some fresh masks I guess. (sigh)

Biddlin likes this.
  18. Biddlin

Biddlin Well-Known Member

Fear and stupidity. If I can make you afraid of an idea, distrustful of science and give you an enemy to blame, you will vote for me. Then everything that goes wrong is the fault of the "enemy." I watched several brave capitol policemen testify yesterday about the fight for democracy. Ask them who the real enemy is.

soulman969, Davis Sharp and Raiyn like this.
  19. Paruwi

Paruwi Kraut-Rocker

20. soulman969

Looks to me like the very people who were pissing and moaning about wearing masks to begin have become the primary reason we may ALL need to go back to wearing masks again. The Delta variant is a bitch.

I hate to say it quite like this and of course I'm exaggerating but my personal message to the anti-vax crowd is "either stop f'ing around and get the shots or hurry up and die since that's what you seem to want anyway". We'd like to get things back to 100% normal and the economy functioning full tilt again.

[​IMG]

Davis Sharp likes this.