CoVid-19 Thread.

Discussion in 'The Backstage' started by Digger, Mar 25, 2020.

1. Digger

Digger Well-Known Member

I guess I’m blessed to live in an area where folks are generally friendly. I talk to strangers in the street and I have conversations with people I don’t know in supermarket aisles. However I am basically a friendly outgoing bloke too and often start the conversations.

Life is what you make of it!

2. Davis Sharp

Davis Sharp Well-Known Member

Attached Files:

Lancpudn and Biddlin like this.
  3. Raiyn

Raiyn Well-Known Member

Dude, I live here and I can't explain Florida.

4. Davis Sharp

5. Digger

Digger Well-Known Member

In a couple of weeks Australia is going to approve Moderna vaccine which will be added to AstraZeneca and Pfizer vaccines that are already being rolled out. First batch is only one million doses but it all helps.

Raiyn, Davis Sharp and Paruwi like this.
  6. Otto99

Otto99 Well-Known Member

Well, the first festival domino has fallen. A local arts and crafts hoo ha and clambake in the affluent suburb of Germantown has been cancelled because of the amazing increase in cases in Shelby County. I expect other festivals to fall in line soon, although it must be said that a lot of the cases here hospitalized are from rural areas in Arkansas, Mississippi, and to a lesser degree Missouri and Kentucky, where they don’t even have hospitals anymore. Wearing my mask, just in case.

Biddlin likes this.
  7. Biddlin

Biddlin Well-Known Member

So sad, but stuff happens. We were doing well here but now seem to be headed the wrong way again. A friend of mine who is a physical therapist for special needs children went to an outdoor concert Friday night masked and distancing, on the way home he got stopped in a dui checkpoint where he was forced to remove his mask while a mask-less officer pulled him out of the car to administer a field sobriety test. He passed and is now self quarantining for 14 days. He's filing a complaint.

Raiyn likes this.
  8. Digger

Digger Well-Known Member

NSW isn’t faring too well though with cases exceeding 300 per day and a few deaths. They say they are making progress however. Their premier vacillated trying to please the business lobby and didn’t go early enough or hard enough with restrictions. Queensland just about has it beaten for now thankfully.

As far as I know the rest of the country is doing OK for now.

Davis Sharp and Paruwi like this.
  9. Raiyn

Raiyn Well-Known Member

Florida is a clusterFadd9. Cases are rocketing upward while Nero DuhSantis plays his fiddle trying to earn points with a rotten orange.

DigitalDreams likes this.
  10. Digger

Digger Well-Known Member

NSW has finally acted to contain the current Delta outbreak which is sitting about 500 cases a day. Of course locking the state down hard might have been better if done weeks earlier but it is what it is. Of course in the meantime infection has leaked to all east coast states who all have their own battles. To think all this came from just one case.

We wish them luck.

Paruwi likes this.
  11. Digger

Digger Well-Known Member

Given that Melbourne is in its 6th lockdown people are starting to get sick of it and are disregarding the rules. There was a big party during the week and of course one couple had Covid. A gathering of 1000 people was thwarted by police and just as well. I understand that they’ve had enough, but I wonder how much sickness and death they can handle all the same.

Last night the premier announce a 9 PM curfew and much stricter controls, no more warnings, just large fines. parks and playgrounds are now off limits. Army is involved in control along with police.

Paruwi likes this.
  12. Biddlin

When one cannot rely on common sense and personal responsibility to rule behavior, there is little else to try. Here, most of the cops act like they've never heard of masks or social distancing. Too many of our politicians suffer from orange ignorance.

DigitalDreams likes this.
  13. Otto99

Otto99 Well-Known Member

Schools in counties with no mask mandates are already closing around us, which includes Mississippi and Arkansas, as Delta hits the children. Oh, and in a fun bit of ironic naming, the Delta Fair - yes, Delta Fair, as in the Mississippi Delta - has yet to be cancelled, scheduled for the middle of September.

14. Digger

Digger Well-Known Member

We had just an hours warning of lockdown this arvo! Rural Victoria is now on the same footing as the city.

Currently we are at our holiday spot 2 1/2 hours from home but are staying a couple more days because the rest is doing us good. We can travel home at any stage as long as we don’t deviate.

This is our 7th lockdown since this mongrel thing got loose!

Paruwi likes this.
  15. Biddlin

It is too depressing. How much longer will we be at the mercy of the stupid and self righteous?

16. Raiyn

Raiyn Well-Known Member

The entire time we've been up in MN, we've been the only people masked in most places. Granted, this is a small town area, but when the main industry (anymore) is tourism you'd think you'd pay more attention when you see the number of out of state plates around here.

17. Otto99

Otto99 Well-Known Member

Now we’ve got people taking livestock deworming medicine to prevent C19. Calls to poison control are increasing daily. :facepalm:

18. Davis Sharp

Yeah. The ivermectin quackery didn't go away like chloroquine. Maybe people are thinking, "Hey! Cows don't die from COVID. So it must be ivermectin." Or, y'know, it could be BECAUSE THEY"RE COWS! :mad:

[sigh] They won't take an "experimental" vaccine, but they'll take a cow de-wormer. #PeopleAreStupid

19. Raiyn

Raiyn Well-Known Member

Yup, sister-in-law was telling us about it yesterday. The screwed up thing is that people are getting prescriptions for this crap!

20. Digger

Digger Well-Known Member

Yeah but it sorts out any parasites they are carrying.