CoVid-19 Thread.

Discussion in 'The Backstage' started by Digger, Mar 25, 2020.

1. Raiyn

Raiyn Well-Known Member

I just found out (now that we're back in FL) that a member of my sister's care staff (she lives in a group home setting due to Downs Syndrome) came up positive for Covid today within 48 hours after working a shift at the house. Apparently it isn't mandatory for staff to be vaccinated. This individual CHOSE not to get vaccinated, then CHOSE to work with highly vulnerable people - my sister and her heart condition among them. WHERE THE **** WAS MY CHOICE IN WHO WORKS WITH HER?. I'm her guardian for crissakes!

If I seem a bit pissed off today, this is why.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2021
  2. Cozmik Cowboy

Cozmik Cowboy Well-Known Member

I only clicked "Like" because there's no "I'm Pissed Right Along With You, Lets' Start A GoFundMe To Hire A Hitman" button.

That news just sickens me, Raiyn; I really hope your sister dodges this evil moron's bullet! My thoughts are with you, Bro.

Davis Sharp and Raiyn like this.
  3. Biddlin

Biddlin Well-Known Member

Ex brother in law just passed from it. He was a survivalist, but not a bright one.

4. Otto99

Otto99 Well-Known Member

I’m going to be tested again, if insurance will allow it, as I still am running a fever of ~99.5° but no other real symptoms. The doctor said it may well be just one of the several viral respiratory infections going around - which is just a groovy little factoid to learn - but the test results do say at the bottom “not indicated at this time,” so he suggested another test if the fever doesn’t subside. I don’t feel bad, really, just kinda meh.

5. Otto99

Otto99 Well-Known Member

And rightly so. That’s BS.

Raiyn likes this.
  6. Raiyn

Raiyn Well-Known Member

She's getting tested today.

Charles likes this.
  7. Raiyn

Raiyn Well-Known Member

We've been isolating since we returned home, yesterday we went for testing (3 days since returning) This is fairly standard protocol for us. EDIT: We had intended to get tested before we left, but failed to arrange an appointment. We mask in indoor public setting as a matter of personal policy, and only used credit cards or NFC payment methods to minimize contact.

The following is intended as a JOKE:
    People don't need to be worried about microchips in the vaccines. It's a lot easier to plant them using the tips of those giant swabs they use to test you.

I swear the very nice nurse touched my brain stem. I didn't even realize the nose had a gag reflex. I don't remember them mining that deep last time, but I could have blocked that memory.

Adulting, doing the right thing for yourself and others, isn't always fun and games, but it beats the Hell out of acting like an entitled douchebag.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2021
    Cozmik Cowboy likes this.
  8. John

John Well-Known Member

The wife and I have both been sicker than a dog but getting better every day.
    My mother is still in the hospital but expected to be released in a few days. She has Dementia so has no clue why she is in the hospital.
    My sister is still down with this shit but she is a tough ole girl and will survive.
    My brother-in-law sadly took a turn for the worse and isn't expected to make it through the night.
    Guys, this crap SUCKS......

9. Digger

Digger Well-Known Member

Oh mate, thats terrible!

Let's hope that BIL is tougher than he seems.

You are all in my thoughts.

10. Raiyn

Raiyn Well-Known Member

That's pretty OK news. I'm sorry it's been rough on you.
    That has to be a horrible experience for her, but I'm glad she seems to be getting better.
    Sending good vibes her way.
    I don't know what to say, but I agree.

This crap is real, and it's causing real harm to people and families. Be an adult, take responsibility for yourself, try to think of others before you walk out that door today.

John likes this.
  11. Raiyn

Raiyn Well-Known Member

My test came back negative, SWMBO's is still pending (should be done soon). In lieu of a doctor's office sucker, I'm going to the McDonald's drive thru.

John likes this.
  12. Cozmik Cowboy

Had surgery a week ago today (carpal tunnel & trigger finger on the left hand; doing well, should be able to play again soon). This, of course, required a test first. If I'd known they were going that deep, I'd have worn clean drawers......

What with a whole lot of medical travails last year, it was at least my 20th test. They never get more fun. But, as you said:

Truer words were never spoken.

Raiyn likes this.
  13. Raiyn

Raiyn Well-Known Member

Glad to hear you're doing well with your surgically repaired paw, do you have rehab scheduled?

As expected, (because responsible adults) she came back negative as well. This means we can go grocery shopping!

14. Cozmik Cowboy

When they did the carpal tunnel release on my right wrist in '96, they put a 2" cut right through the meat of the heel of the palm; did PT for 2 months.

Last week, he put a 1/4" cut across the wrist, and another a bit inboard from the base of the middle finger (the latter for the trigger finger); my therapy regime - per the medico - is that I can do whatever doesn't hurt too much. Totally different experience.

When I had the right side done, a friend showed me his from 10-15 years before that; looked like they took a chunk of broken window glass & zig-zagged from mid-palm halfway up to his elbow.

Progress is wonderful, eh?

Well, ALRIGHT!!

15. Digger

Digger Well-Known Member

The Chief Health Officer here was on TV tonight saying they have evidence of people getting infected passing through the same checkout air as somebody infected, as much as 2 minutes later. Makes you think doesn’t it?

Paruwi likes this.
  16. Raiyn

Raiyn Well-Known Member

Apparently so!
    About wearing my mask in public indoor spaces? It's not even a thought anymore. It's standard operating procedure.

Cozmik Cowboy likes this.
  17. Otto99

Otto99 Well-Known Member

Fun fact to know and tell! Tennessee is #1 in the US for infections per capita, and if we were a standalone nation, we’d be #2 per capita globally. I share this shocking statistic on the day that the ironically and perhaps presciently named Delta Fair opens. You can’t make this shyte up.

18. Raiyn

Raiyn Well-Known Member

Wow, even with Guvna DuhSantis we're (Floriduh) not even in the top 5 at this point.

The sad thing is Ronnie keeps trying to get someone to "hold his beer".

I'm waiting to see what kind of numbers come out of the Minnesota State Fair. We haven't gone down to the Twin Cities the last three trips up north, but given the distinct lack of masking I observed up on the Iron Range... The possibilities are frightening.

19. Otto99

Otto99 Well-Known Member

20. Raiyn

Raiyn Well-Known Member

On the bright side, 62.2% of MN residents have at least one shot and 51.2% have both.