CoVid-19 Thread.

Discussion in 'The Backstage' started by Digger, Mar 25, 2020.

1. John

John Well-Known Member

Thanks guys, I appreciate it.
    It's been a rough few days but honestly, it's a blessing because she was suffering and her health wasn't good at all.

2. Digger

Digger Well-Known Member

Oh John I’m so sorry. My thoughts are with you and your family mate.

3. grinwer

grinwer Active Member

My condolences.

John likes this.
  4. Otto99

Otto99 Well-Known Member

@John, so sorry for your loss.

John likes this.
  5. imnotcreative

imnotcreative Active Member

my condolences John

John likes this.
  6. Biddlin

Biddlin Well-Known Member

Radio host Pastor Robert "Bob" Enyart, who swore off Covid-19 vaccines, has died from complications due to Covid 19.
    In October, Enyart won a lawsuit against the state of Colorado over its Covid-19 restrictions, CNN has reported.
    In a phone call with CNN following the ruling, Enyart said, "We have a right, even an obligation to worship him (---), and that's without government interference."
    "Bob Enyart was one of the smartest, and without question the wisest person I've known," said co-host Fred Williams. All evidence to the contrary.
    Enyart is one of several radio hosts who passed away recently from Covid-19 complications after complaining about masks and expressing skepticism about vaccines. Dick Farrel, a Florida-based talk radio host, passed away from the coronavirus in August, as did Nashville-based host Phil Valentine, who was 65 when he died. Marc Bernier, another Florida-based radio host and an outspoken opponent of masking and vaccines, also died of Covid-19 last month.
    I guess faith didn't really trump science.(Is that an oxymoron?)

Davis Sharp, soulman969 and Raiyn like this.
  7. Raiyn

Raiyn Well-Known Member

Stages of Covid denial:
    1. Denial: Shouting from whatever platform will support them that it's all a bad dream, politics, Chinese, blah blah blah.
    2. Infection: Still confident that this whole thing is overblown, defiance is still high because 'Murica and Horse dewormer.
    3. Hospitalization: Bullsh¡t internet cures have failed them. Perhaps now they get slapped with reality. Maybe it sinks in, maybe it doesn't.
    4. GoFundMe: A charity page is set up by the family with the goal of covering hospital bills and "household" expenses. (Gotta love nonsocialized medicine :rolleyes: ) Usually about this time the denier repents, telling his one-time followers to get the shot, wear a mask etc. Almost always drowned out by the howling vacuum of ignorance.
    5. Recovery / Death: Shunned by former fellow conspiracy theorists as a "discredited" plant, our one time denier exits the public stage with a whisper.

Davis Sharp and Biddlin like this.
  8. Lancpudn

Lancpudn Well-Known Member

I can see another lock down coming here over the Winter months, 30,597 new cases over the last seven day period & 201 deaths on Wednesday 15th alone :shock:

Paruwi likes this.
  9. Otto99

Otto99 Well-Known Member

And per capita, Tennessee is at or near the top of daily new cases, and Mississippi, which is just right over there, leads in deaths. Ima get a dome to put over Stately Whartson Hall.

10. Raiyn

Raiyn Well-Known Member

I thought Tennessee was the "Volunteer" state? If so, they're voluntarily getting the wrong thing.

Whatever came of that fever situation you had going on anyway?

How ya holding up, John? We're here when you wanna vent or talk axes or whatever.

John and Digger like this.
  11. Otto99

Otto99 Well-Known Member

@Raiyn, it’s gone down, although there didn’t seem to be a medical reason. I did some research, and there is a condition, generally found in women but not exclusively, where a lot of stress over a long period of time results in a low grade fever. I’m at loggerheads with my mother about moving here after she drove her car into a ditch turning a corner too short. So that carries a lot of mail for me.

12. soulman969

soulman969 Well-Known Member

Condolences to you and your family John. This has been a tough stretch for you. :frown:

13. soulman969

Yup, six different right-wing anti-vax AM radio personalities have died from COVID over the past few weeks. You have to wonder if by now at least far more of the holdouts are getting on board with getting the vaccines.

Cases in states with fewer people having been vaccinated are spilling over into adjoining states burdening the ICUs there as well. Surgeries have been delayed and postponed and those needing emergency care often can't get it.

98% or more of these severe cases requiring being treated in the ICU are those who have not been vaccinated. Personal freedom is one thing but when it's impacting others this negatively it needs to stop or this will never end.

Biddlin, Raiyn and Paruwi like this.
  14. Raiyn

Raiyn Well-Known Member

Yeah, I can relate to that. For me, it's recurring low grade headaches.
    [​IMG]

15. soulman969

First of all let me say that while I am a very spiritual person I'm not the "churchy" or "preachy" church going type. Despite this I feel very good about my relationship with my God and absolutely no need to be "born again".

But I did feel somewhat led to writing these few words to all of those who believe "they don't need no damn vaccine because Jesus or God will save them from COIVD". Brothers and sisters God doesn't work that way. He works like this.

God sent you messengers like Dr Fauci to tell you how to avoid getting COVID by isolating from the sick and keeping distance from one another. You gather in mass anyway.

God sent you masks to wear to protect you from COVID and keep you from infecting others if you were ill. Yet you've refused to wear them.

God sent you a miracle vaccine to prevent you from getting ill with COVID and dying. You refused to take it denying God's gift to you yet again.

Like The Apostle Peter's three acts of denial of Jesus Christ you have denied the grace of God three times and chosen instead to believe the words of liars, idolators, and false prophets. God has done all he can for you now and he is calling some of you home. Pray that your denials of him and his gifts do not prevent you from entering heaven.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2021
    Davis Sharp, Raiyn and Otto99 like this.
  16. Otto99

Otto99 Well-Known Member

@soulman969, I grew up in an old fashioned Methodist preacher’s house, which back then under my grandfather’s rule was basically Episcopalian with less kneeling, crossing and stuff, even in the rural areas of West Kentucky and Tennessee, and he’d be appalled if the congregation tried to use such an excuse. I remember the first charge he had, being brought out of retirement to fill it, when one of the “Methodist” churches was full of TV preacher evangelicals. He didn’t really know what to do with them. At least the other little church was still following the Methodist Order of Worship, so that kept him sane.

Raiyn and soulman969 like this.
  17. Raiyn

Raiyn Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

18. Digger

Digger Well-Known Member

Careful boys or this might get shut down by admin, no politics or religion.

Today there is supposed to be a big no lockdown rally in Melbourne involving thousands of protesters. The chief commissioner of police has taken the unprecedented step of shutting down all public transport inc. access to trains and trams. Also controlling vehicle access.

We’re all bloody sick of being locked down but a potential super spreader event like they are trying to run will only see much longer lockdowns. I’m ashamed that there are so many stupid Australians around!

Paruwi likes this.
  19. John

John Well-Known Member

I'm doing ok my friend.
    Honestly with my mother passing it was somewhat a blessing. She had Dementia and really didn't know what was going on other than she kept saying she was tired over and over.
    She fell asleep and passed peacefully.
    I really appreciate the kind words guys..

Davis Sharp, Paruwi and Raiyn like this.
  20. Raiyn

Raiyn Well-Known Member

Nobody is talking much about Dogma beyond lived experience growing up and observations of the excuses some deniers use. My exhortations were of the metaphorical sense implying agreement with the quoted statement.

Considering the rest of the content of this thread...I think we're ok.

John likes this.