Darrell Braun reviews the Epi LP Special II

soulman969

Reaction score
Sounds surprisingly good in the video considering the guitar uses budget level ceramic humbuckers.

Raiyn

Reaction score
Oooo ... bolt-on neck. It has only been on that model for 26 years. That is a novelty.
Congratulations on watching a video for 3 minutes.

Casual guitarists / folks new to Epiphone aren't going to have an encyclopedic knowledge of low-end guitars. Les Paul's are know as set necks so yeah a YouTuber would have to make note of something like that.

Noodling Guitars

Reaction score
Darrell Braun's videos are always fun to watch (and also because I'm biased towards Canadian content). The top and color are very attractive! Wish they'd had that option back in the day.

Darkness

Reaction score
So why get fired up when a YouTuber mentions it?
Seemed like jokes to me. These youtube guys read about guitars all the time, if he really was surprised to find a bolt on neck for an LP special I would find that surprising.

Raiyn

Reaction score
Seemed like jokes to me. These youtube guys read about guitars all the time, if he really was surprised to find a bolt on neck for an LP special I would find that surprising.
He was presenting it to make it more accessible to the viewer who doesn't know anything about that particular model - which (shocker) some folks don't.
The thing I don't get is, knowing that this is a common style of presentation, why get salty / defensive when a YouTuber presents it in a way a lay person would understand?

Darkness

Reaction score
He was presenting it to make it more accessible to the viewer who doesn't know anything about that particular model - which (shocker) some folks don't.
The thing I don't get is, knowing that this is a common style of presentation, why get salty / defensive when a YouTuber presents it in a way a lay person would understand?
:lol: Read through this thread and you're the saltiest guy here.

Nobody said anything salty or reacted in a harsh way to that video. Bgood joked about a design that is nothing new (whether people are aware or not) and you have to react to him. Relax man.

Raiyn

Reaction score
I didn't feel the sarcasm (if that's what you choose to call it) was warranted for the reasons detailed.

kendalltristan

Reaction score
The bolt-on neck is a polarizing feature. If Fender can get away with it for 70 years, why not Epiphone, especially at the LP SII price?
I quite like it. It makes it way easier to refinish the body, which I'm likely to want to do when I buy an instrument at that price point.

Latest posts