Do you remember Pat Travers?

Discussion in 'The Backstage' started by Steven Westberg, Apr 27, 2021.

1. Steven Westberg

Steven Westberg Well-Known Member

Who is this lead player??

2. soulman969

soulman969 Well-Known Member

When was it recorded?

From Wikipedia;

During 1977, Travers added a second guitarist to his band, changed drummers twice including using Clive Edwards, and by the time Heat in the Street was released in 1978 had put together the Pat Travers Band.[2] This grouping featured Travers on vocals and guitar, Pat Thrall on guitar, Cowling on bass, and Tommy Aldridge on drums and percussion.

Before the release of Hot Shot, longtime bassist Cowling left the band, and Travers would work with several different bassists including Cliff Jordan and Donni Hughes until Cowling's return in 1989. Also at this time Jerry Riggs joined the Pat Travers Band, and he and Travers created a guitar team that fans considered difficult to rival. After Hot Shot's release in 1984, Polydor made plans to issue a greatest hits package, and then ended their relationship with Travers.

In 1993, Travers parted company with both Jerry Riggs and Peter "Mars" Cowling, and Riggs was briefly replaced by former Foghat guitarist Erik Cartwright.

2008 to 2016 featured one of the longest/most consistent lineups for the Pat Travers Band. Joining Travers was Kirk McKim (2006–2015; guitar/vocals), Sean Shannon (2008–2010; drums), followed by Sandy Gennaro (2010–2016), and Rodney O'Quinn (2007–2016; bass/vocals).

AJ6stringsting likes this.
  3. Steven Westberg

I think it’s Mr Riggs. He looks a lot like Yngwie!

soulman969 likes this.
  4. AJ6stringsting

AJ6stringsting Well-Known Member

Pat Travers is huge influence on me.
    I love the tones, that he and Pat Thrall created on the Live Album and Crash and Burn.

I used an old Electro Harmonix Electric Mistress Flanger Deluxe, to recreate that tone.

I seen Pat Travers live four times in the late 70's and early 1980's .... He blew away Ted Nugent , when he and his band opened that night !!!!

If anybody has a chance to see Pat Travers .... Do it !!!!, you'll be glad that you did !!!! .

5. Jeffytune

Jeffytune Well-Known Member

I got to see them November 14, 1978 at the Long area, they were opening for a Band from Canada.........Rush, on the hemispheres tour.

They did a good 1 hour set, it was well received by the sold out crowd.
    At the end of their set, Pat introduced the band members one at a time, he waited to the end to do the drummer, and he said "And now the worlds greatest drummer........and we were all asking, Did Neil come out early?
    Half the crowed was applauding, the other half was Laughing, knowing the professor was coming out next.

6. Steven Westberg

…and you actually look like Randy Rhodes!