Does anyone give a bollix about the World Cup?

Lou-Hela

Reaction score
I don't. I'm English and I can't remember ever being so less excited about this bloody world cup in the middle of the English premier season.
Yours faithfully,
Angry of Helsinki

Lou-Hela

Reaction score
I tried to learn baseball a few weeks ago. Amazing it's the World Series, but not seen anyone in Flnland ever play it.

Noodling Guitars

Reaction score
Nope, other than getting to see Shono-san’s pictures get plastered all over twitter. I didn’t even really pay attention to the event happening, then suddenly all over entertainment news there’s newsbytes about her being one of the prettiest supporters of the World Cup haha (she’s a drummer in a girl band called Paradoxx that happened to fly to Qatar to support team Japan).

Otto99

Reaction score
I tried to learn baseball a few weeks ago. Amazing it's the World Series, but not seen anyone in Flnland ever play it.
Baseball is an odd game, but best experienced in the ball park. I am a lukewarm St. Louis Cardinal fan, but never watch games live on TV as they take way too long. In college, we’d tape them and fast forward through the signals, the bat whacking on the plate, the readjusting of the cup, and you can cut a three hour game into 60 minutes or less. That same game in the ball park is an entirely different experience. I can’t explain it, but when we’ve gone to a Memphis Redbird game, a feeder to the Cardinals, I’ve enjoyed every minute of it. Being there is totally different from TV.

Lancpudn

Reaction score
I must admit I've not got into it either, In fact I haven't seen a world cup game in decades :shock: The last world cup in Japan in the 90's I think was the last time I watched it. With the time difference between England & Japan my local pub got a licence to open up at 05:00 hours to watch the live games, Bacon butties & pints went down a treat even at that ungodly hour :) :thumb:I couldn't even name one player of the England team nowadays.

soulman969

Staff Member
Reaction score
Ever since I gave up cable I don't watch much sports any longer. It seems to me the world is suffering from TV sports overload already.

John

Reaction score
I not a huge fan of the World Cup but I watched a couple games this year.
USA lost sadly but you can't say they didn't give it their best.

Noodling Guitars

Reaction score
I did watch that one game against Croatia that came down to PK... but you could imagine after that game no one talks about w-cup anymore here lol.

Otto99

Reaction score
At physical therapy Monday, I saw part of South Korea and someone - no volume - and it was a spunky game.

Davis Sharp

Reaction score
I not a huge fan of the World Cup but I watched a couple games this year.
USA lost sadly but you can't say they didn't give it their best.
The US team didn't mark the Dutch on the first two goals. The 3rd goal was expected because we were attacking more and vulnerable on defense.

If this young cohort stays healthy (a really big if with Pulisic and Reyna), we should be stronger in 2026. Resuming a regular schedule will give the European-based players time to recuperate when their season ends. But then again, the 2026 format will change (from 32 to 48 teams), so who knows what will happen.

Latest posts