Epiphone G-310 rescued from pawn shop

Discussion in 'Epiphone Guitars' started by orson, Jun 17, 2021.

1. orson

orson New Member

Hi everyone, my first post and first SG. I saw this on ebay in Sydney (Australia) advertised as a Epiphone G-310. Don’t have a SG or a current project so I ended paying $250 AUD for it. The tuners appear to have been replaced (very poorly) from the original Grover style, certainly not an improvement, they’ll have to go for a start. The neck and frets look to be in good condition. It says “Korea” under the tail piece, I’m wondering if that’s the origin of the part or the whole guitar?

The age of the guitar would have to be from 2004 on, isn’t that when SG appeared on the truss rod cover? No serial number but there might be an “05” (2005?) on the inspection sticker. Is that the TV Yellow colour? Anyway I’ll enjoy getting this one back in working order.

Cheers from Down Under!

2. BGood

BGood Well-Known Member

It kills me when I see a 16 year old inspection sticker. Lucky you though, without it you would never have known its age.

The color is a nicely aged white. It is rare to see that amount of aging on a poly guitar. Maybe the owner was a big smoker :rofl:

IGRocker and orson like this.