Epiphone Ltd. Edition Korina Flying V Faber Bridge Upgrade

Discussion in 'Epiphone Guitars' started by Ikeruga, Mar 26, 2021.

1. Ikeruga

Ikeruga New Member

Hey ET,

I'm looking to upgrade my stock Epiphone bridge to a Faber bridge. I thought the metric bridge and the e-sert would be the correct parts for it, but it looks like the bushings in the e-sert kit are way too large and the screw they provide is also way too wide for the stock bushings. The metric bridge is also slightly too wide for the stock posts.

I think what I need is an iNsert kit, as the bushings look less wide, but I am not sure that the screw to remove the original bushings would be able to fit. I also can't figure out what the difference between the 3116 and 3117 iNsert conversion posts is.

Measuring the post spacing, it looks like it's ABR-1 spacing (2.9 inches) so I think the 3031 Tone Lock bridge should fit.

Attached are images of the bridge on and off the guitar. Thanks for the help!

2. soulman969

soulman969 Well-Known Member

Welcome to Epi-Talk brother.

While I love Faber hardware I've only done one upgrade with it so far on my '56 Gold Top and the fit and spacing worked out fine. I did use the body mounted Eserts and locking bridge.

I'd have to look at the various parts again to be of much help but I can say that despite the cost the product is very good and it did make enough difference to me to feel it was worth it.