Epiphone Wilshire II 1986 MIJ - Rare Bird in the USA?

Discussion in 'Epiphone Guitars' started by Exhead, Oct 6, 2021.

1. Exhead

Exhead New Member

Picked up the Epiphone Wilshire II 1986 MIJ locally. Beautiful guitar with a coil splitter. Can only find any info on the Epiphone Wilshire Wiki (Will not let me link since my first post). Only picture I can find of this particular guitar is on that same wiki. Sounds awesome and plays extremely well. Seems to be a rare bird here in the states as far as I can tell. Back plate says Made in Japan as do bridge pieces..

Asking for help on this model. Anyone have one, know of another, have pictures other info?

IMG_9375.JPG IMG_9376.JPG IMG_9315.JPG IMG_9320.JPG IMG_9340.JPG IMG_9341.JPG

2. Supersonic

Supersonic Well-Known Member

3. Noodling Guitars

Noodling Guitars Member

Nice! Looks almost brand new!

4. Exhead

Exhead New Member

Yeah that is the only link, information and picture I can find online. Leads me to believe it it a rare bird. I could not post the link as I am too new to forum.

5. Exhead

Exhead New Member

It does have a few surface dings on back, probably from a stand and I did have to go through cutters, polish and wax to remove surface grease and minor dirt to achieve the luster but it is like new and plays like butter even with 10's.

IGRocker likes this.
  6. RR-Ramblers

RR-Ramblers Active Member

Looks like the famous Maxon humbuckers....maple finger board, Wow,,,,overall, what a find.

7. Exhead

Exhead New Member

Thanks for that information. It sounds killer so must be what you have said. I will look it up.