ESonic2 HD stopped working after battery change

Discussion in 'Epiphone Guitars' started by David Ewing, May 12, 2021.

1. David Ewing

David Ewing New Member

The low battery indicator was illuminated on the ESonic2 HD control panel on my DR-500MCE. So I changed the batteries (two AAAs, contrary to what the online manual states), and now I get nothing. None of the LEDs light up, no sound when connecting to an amp. I switched back to the original batteries as an experiment, still nothing. Tried positive up, positive down. It's as if there is no longer an electrical connection.

Note: after removing and putting back on the sliding cover for about the fifth time, the copper plate fell off. It snaps back on just fine, though, and is secure.

Has anyone else experience this?

2. David Ewing

David Ewing New Member

DOH! I am an idiot. Replying to myself here. Despite their being springs inside the holes for both batteries, which on every device I've ever seen makes contact with the negative pole of the battery, that is not the case for the ESonic2 HD. You can faintly see a "-" embossed on the left of the black plastic and a "+" on the right. Putting the batteries in with the labeled polarity obviously fixes it. That will teach me to pay attention when removing the batteries in the future.

soulman969 likes this.